Trams To Hillsborough For Tramlines

2 minutes ago, royalowl said:

Careers advice as well, is there no end to your talents?

Maybe we could send you as a special envoy to the Middle East, all their problems will be resolved in minutes.

I just think you are making a mountain out of a molehill when a simple message at the start of a Teams/Zoom call would easily suffice, but there we are.

3 minutes ago, HeHasRisen said:

I just think you are making a mountain out of a molehill when a simple message at the start of a Teams/Zoom call would easily suffice, but there we are.

We are all entitled to our opinion, and I respect yours if that's the way you feel. I just think that the noise and disruption is bad enough, but to start it at Midday on a normal work day is unfair on the local residents - I have attended tramlines before at Devonshire Green and the Ponderosa - these always started around 6pm on the Friday  which at least allows locals to get back from work etc.

The added 'bonus' of no trams on the way back just means even more noise for locals to contend with, ferry 40k people into a small park, let them get drunk - then just leave them there to find their own way back - pretty poor regardless of staffing issues. We had the same issue 2 years ago because of the laying of new tracks.

The no trams issue is due to the rubbish NHS app.  Nothing that could have been predicted.

4 minutes ago, HeHasRisen said:

The no trams issue is due to the rubbish NHS app.  Nothing that could have been predicted.

Not disputing that for one minute, but why could the trams run properly yesterday, and then again on Monday - but not on 3 'random' days in between? 

It is the second 'Tramlines' in a row, where the event has been held in Hillsborough, yet there are no trams to take anybody home.

You could take the view wanting people to arrive at 6 ish or the hour before would be peak " rush " hour.

Tramlines outgrew Dev green there were very serious crushing in the surrounding streets.

There's a stage up on Dev Green this year as it's the  "Fringe" wonder if they are going to insist on vaccination proof or neg test .

You couldn’t make it up! What a shambles!
As Toby said this morning, you want the trams running tonight to get home, not earlier in the day.

So, no trams.  Buses will be "very busy, so make alternative arrangements".  Hmm, what are those alternative arrangements going to be?

Guess that's why the bottom of Herries Road looked like match day this afternoon!

It's all very well promoting using active travel and public transport to reduce environmental costs, but then it's unavailable...

1 hour ago, prince al said:

You couldn’t make it up! What a shambles!
As Toby said this morning, you want the trams running tonight to get home, not earlier in the day.

So you think they should provide trams each evening which would mean many trams missing on future days to get people to work and other essential journeys, tram drivers hours are limited just like bus and train drivers you're not living in the real world.

2 hours ago, alexander874 said:

So you think they should provide trams each evening which would mean many trams missing on future days to get people to work and other essential journeys, tram drivers hours are limited just like bus and train drivers you're not living in the real world.

On this weekend, YES!

I agree with above poster.

If there has been a will there would have been a way

With thousands looking for trams back to town, maybe another reason is the trams get so packed, it would be difficult for the conductor to collect the fares?  I know from times the Blades have played at Hillsborough, I don't think I've, (and thousands of others), ever paid coming back into the city centre. 

Maybe Stagecoach are also thinking its just not going to be worth it? 

Tramlines communication is not great .

Plenty on twitter can not believe no tram to get away from site.

Few buses too and taxis quoting £30 and upwards to town.

The Tram fare could easily be built into the  ticket price .

Has the same feel as when the Sheff half marathon was called off  as no water was being supplied with the runners already at the start line 

They went anyway ,the "rebel runners"

Sort of turned into a victory in the end

https://www.google.com/amp/s/amp.theguardian.com/lifeandstyle/the-running-blog/2014/apr/07/sheffield-marathon-spectators-done-uk-proud-water-shortage