Green Bin Collection Stopped Again

Update - I'm in Hillsborough, my neighbours' green bins have just been collected.   2 minutes ago.

8 hours ago, Findlay said:

Same here, green bins not emptied. No one pays for an unreliable service so they had best get their act together. 

Again, have a look at the news, businesses all over having to close at short notice because of staff being pinged. It really isn't a big problem in the current situation we are in.

18 hours ago, alarmingmark said:

So why say it’s back on then …

Businesses all over are having to close at short notice due to staff being pinged. Try and get a bit of perspective maybe.

35 minutes ago, Bargepole23 said:

Again, have a look at the news, businesses all over having to close at short notice because of staff being pinged. It really isn't a big problem in the current situation we are in.

Businesses all over are having to close at short notice due to staff being pinged. Try and get a bit of perspective maybe.

Here in North Notts,we have brown bins for garden waste ( paid for by householders,though admittedly at a very reasonable rate).Needless to say,they weren’t collected last week - no explanation offered of course! It seems we’re all having the same problems.

for a week now this is the message about my green bin collection on the council /veolia web pages but they never come. It is one thing having a problem with the collection but this just takes the biscuit as you would expect at least some decent communication

We know we haven’t yet emptied your bin. Please leave your bin out, we intend to collect your bin before 6pm today.

10 hours ago, Bigal1 said:

for a week now this is the message about my green bin collection on the council /veolia web pages but they never come. It is one thing having a problem with the collection but this just takes the biscuit as you would expect at least some decent communication

We know we haven’t yet emptied your bin. Please leave your bin out, we intend to collect your bin before 6pm today.

People pay for this . Will they be rebated  for missed collections?

They restarted collections this week and are adding an extra date on at the end of the current calendar. It's on their website and if you subscribe to email updates it came through that as well.

2 hours ago, probedb said:

They restarted collections this week and are adding an extra date on at the end of the current calendar. It's on their website and if you subscribe to email updates it came through that as well.

So, in short,  no need for frothing in this thread about missed collections and rebates. 

Edited by Bargepole23

1 hour ago, Bargepole23 said:

So, in short,  no need for frothing in this thread about missed collections and rebates. 

I think the person who was frothing at the mouth doesnt even have a green bin collection 😂

DCC make SCC look like saints.

We had a tree cutting down problem, DCC decided that it was their responsibility to flatten parts of the peak district and use road planings as the new surfaces.

7 hours ago, soopah said:

DCC make SCC look like saints.

We had a tree cutting down problem, DCC decided that it was their responsibility to flatten parts of the peak district and use road planings as the new surfaces.

SCC "hold my beer......"

Glad my green bin was emptied yesterday, I'm still going to have to make a bonfire with the summer growth with the extra collection on the 22 November being useless.

If Veolia opted for a collection in another week then I would be able to bin the lot.

so green bin was due for collection yesterday. check "my bin  collection" during the day said that it was due for collection.

5pm bin still there and full and according to bin checker the bin had now been collected when it remained untouched all day.

Absolutely brilliant