Green Bin Collection Stopped Again

2 hours ago, Jim Hardie said:

I thought Meers Brook was the ancient boundary.

Meers Brook was an ancient boundary between the two counties, but certainly not the only one.

The boundary has moved further south over the centuries, from what was Sheffield town centre at the time, to wherever it is now.

2 hours ago, Mr Bloke said:

Hmmm... :huh:

As some of you may be aware, I consider myself as a bit of an expert on wheelie bins having attended to the needs of several...

... going back to the very early days when they were all of the same colour and were all regarded as equal - no discrimination back in those days! :thumbsup:

They would happily accept any rubbish we threw at them, and would ask for very little in return.

The more compassionate owners would even take the trouble to tattoo them with their house number to ensure their safe return should they became momentarily separated from their familiar surroundings on collection day!

Wheelie bins were really bins! :hihi:

Nowadays however, we have to be very careful what we put into our receptacles for fear of upsetting the delicate balance of the ecosystem. :(

As a result, we openly discriminate by colour... which is rightly a big no-no in any other walk of life!

We are told to hand-pick which bits of rubbish are to be placed in each wheelie bin as they line up like young chicks in a nest at feeding time!

And now we're led to believe that the combined effects of Covid and global warming are only affecting the by far the rarest 'green' variety... :suspect:

... when in reality they are just being neglected by the very people who are paid extra to look after their well-being!

It's just a load of rubbish!... :roll:

If you had a shortage of drivers, which bin collection would you prioritise? Personally, I would make sure that black bins were prioritised.

If you don't wish to sort your recycling that's entirely up to you. Personally, if I can chuck something in the blue or brown bin which means it gets recycled, it's trivially easy and it might stop it being incinerated or sent to landfill, then I can't see a problem.

22 hours ago, The Joker said:

Since other city councils have a more joined-up strategy in these matters, I'm open to suggestions that Sheffield moves back into Derbyshire, so we can share Chesterfield's allegedly better council services.

Anybody with me ?

I think I might be with you on this one.  Apart from the better services that Chesterfield residents supposedly receive from their council.  How would it affect the price of property if Sheffield was in the county of North Derbyshire.  It might be a better selling point especially to southerners wanting to move further north.  Sheffield South Yorkshire or Sheffield North Derbyshire the home of The Peak District. Which sounds better?

Viola have suspended this service from 20th July for two weeks, what’s the betting that this is increased?

2 hours ago, HeHasRisen said:

Erm...

I put Green Bin Collections in ‘Search’ prior to posting the thread and got bog all, does that answer Erm…?

It was literally on the first page of threads.

34 minutes ago, HeHasRisen said:

It was literally on the first page of threads.

Please forgive me for my error, I will attempt to be more vigilant in the future.

So…..green bin collection started back today …..not !  again uncollected 

3 hours ago, alarmingmark said:

So…..green bin collection started back today …..not !  again uncollected 

Dunno if you've seen anything on the telly about a bug going round and leaving many organisations short staffed and prioritising work?

Same here, green bins not emptied. No one pays for an unreliable service so they had best get their act together.