Green Bin Collection Stopped Again

It seems, like Doncaster, Sheffield have stopped green bin collections due to Covid amongst staff.

It is never a good time to stop such collections when garden plants and hedges have been growing at the usual summer rate.

Couple that with people wanting to clear the gardens before taking a holiday to find they have to sit on them for another two weeks or four weeks and you have a very stinky situation gathering.

This like last year when they stopped it …..didn’t get all the collections I paid for ….and not refunded  for the missing ones …they couldn’t even be bothered to sent the paid 2021 sticker this year …

1 hour ago, Findlay said:

It seems, like Doncaster, Sheffield have stopped green bin collections due to Covid amongst staff.

It is never a good time to stop such collections when garden plants and hedges have been growing at the usual summer rate.

Couple that with people wanting to clear the gardens before taking a holiday to find they have to sit on them for another two weeks or four weeks and you have a very stinky situation gathering.

I just find it very suspect that we have this massive spike in Covid pings on the T&T app, just whilst we have this heatwave weather.....

47 minutes ago, Resident said:

I just find it very suspect that we have this massive spike in Covid pings on the T&T app, just whilst we have this heatwave weather.....

I would have to assume it's because more people are heading out to enjoy the sun and congregating in parks and other such places, often with minimal social distancing.

52 minutes ago, Resident said:

Whats so suspicious about it, havent you seen all the other companies having the exact same issues? Iceland have had to shut shops, Greene King have had to shut pubs, supermarket supply chains are flimsy. 

Sheffield City Council / Onyx / Veolia all share the same half-arsed approach to waste and recycling.

Since other city councils have a more joined-up strategy in these matters, I'm open to suggestions that Sheffield moves back into Derbyshire, so we can share Chesterfield's allegedly better council services.

Anybody with me ?

9 minutes ago, The Joker said:

Sheffield City Council / Onyx / Veolia all share the same half-arsed approach to waste and recycling.

Since other city councils have a more joined-up strategy in these matters, I'm open to suggestions that Sheffield moves back into Derbyshire, so we can share Chesterfield's allegedly better council services.

Anybody with me ?

Back?

18 minutes ago, The Joker said:

Anybody with me ?

Derby City Council has suspended brown bin collections until Tuesday, July 27, due to a number of collection teams having to self-isolate.

https://www.derbytelegraph.co.uk/news/derby-news/live-updates-widespread-disruption-bin-5683799

There is widespread disruption to bin collections in Derbyshire this week as many workers are told to self-isolate.

https://www.derbytelegraph.co.uk/news/derby-news/live-updates-widespread-disruption-bin-5683799

we are all in the same boat

5 minutes ago, Jim Hardie said:

Back?

Yes.

Back in the grim and distant past, much of Sheffeld was in Derbyshire.  The dividing line between the two counties at the time was the River Don.

Since that time, Sheffield has progressed further south, and the Chesterfieldians retreated to their current borders.

There's currently a ceasefire between the two counties, and despite the occasional rumour from Sheffield that we'll invade Chesterfield again as part of the Sheffield City Region, the Chesterfieldians have made it quite clear they do not want to be part of South Yorkshire (at least through democratic means).

So rather than Sheffield move south and assimilate Chesterfield into South Yorkshire, I suggest Chesterfield moves north and assimilates Sheffield into North Debyshire.

What do you think?

20 minutes ago, kidley said:

Derby City Council has suspended brown bin collections until Tuesday, July 27, due to a number of collection teams having to self-isolate.

There is widespread disruption to bin collections in Derbyshire this week as many workers are told to self-isolate.

we are all in the same boat

No no no no it is just Veolia in Sheffield that have this issue and they made it up.

Edited by HeHasRisen

3 hours ago, Findlay said:

Hmmm... :huh:

As some of you may be aware, I consider myself as a bit of an expert on wheelie bins having attended to the needs of several...

... going back to the very early days when they were all of the same colour and were all regarded as equal - no discrimination back in those days! :thumbsup:

They would happily accept any rubbish we threw at them, and would ask for very little in return.

The more compassionate owners would even take the trouble to tattoo them with their house number to ensure their safe return should they became momentarily separated from their familiar surroundings on collection day!

Wheelie bins were really bins! :hihi:

Nowadays however, we have to be very careful what we put into our receptacles for fear of upsetting the delicate balance of the ecosystem. :(

As a result, we openly discriminate by colour... which is rightly a big no-no in any other walk of life!

We are told to hand-pick which bits of rubbish are to be placed in each wheelie bin as they line up like young chicks in a nest at feeding time!

And now we're led to believe that the combined effects of Covid and global warming are only affecting the by far the rarest 'green' variety... :suspect:

... when in reality they are just being neglected by the very people who are paid extra to look after their well-being!

It's just a load of rubbish!... :roll:

44 minutes ago, The Joker said:

Yes.

Back in the grim and distant past, much of Sheffeld was in Derbyshire.  The dividing line between the two counties at the time was the River Don.

Since that time, Sheffield has progressed further south, and the Chesterfieldians retreated to their current borders.

There's currently a ceasefire between the two counties, and despite the occasional rumour from Sheffield that we'll invade Chesterfield again as part of the Sheffield City Region, the Chesterfieldians have made it quite clear they do not want to be part of South Yorkshire (at least through democratic means).

So rather than Sheffield move south and assimilate Chesterfield into South Yorkshire, I suggest Chesterfield moves north and assimilates Sheffield into North Debyshire.

What do you think?

I thought Meers Brook was the ancient boundary.