Barry Bannan Off To Brentford

Unusual signing for Brentford 

10 minutes ago, iansheff said:

When he signed the contract I was sure I read that there was no clause in it.

There was no relegation release clause......

Brentford? Well he's going in my Fantasy Football team then. To echo an earlier point, I'd have had him at BDTBL. Lad has/(had) quality.

I've read one report saying a couple of club's have enquired and were quoted 2.5m to sign him.

Then he has a 1 million release clause.

Not long after that a report says the club says there's no clause.

Who to believe 🤔

I HOPE he stays,but if not,the question is can the fee be used in the transfer market,as we stand with our enbargo?

35 minutes ago, bassett one said:

I HOPE he stays,but if not,the question is can the fee be used in the transfer market,as we stand with our enbargo?

I thought the embargo had been lifted......

The embargo has been lifted but on the proviso that we can only sign free transfers and loan deals...i think it will be a long hard season..

so if we sold say 2 players,got in 2 million,it would not help us one bit?,so no point in selling unless we had to.

1 hour ago, Sheridan1-0 said:

The embargo has been lifted but on the proviso that we can only sign free transfers and loan deals...i think it will be a long hard season..

Most clubs in that league utilise the loan market more than purchases it can work out well if done properly.

1 hour ago, Alextopman said:

Most clubs in that league utilise the loan market more than purchases it can work out well if done properly.

i wouldn't disagree....but it would be good to be in a position to spend some money on say a decent centre forward or a goal keeper....

1 hour ago, bassett one said:

so if we sold say 2 players,got in 2 million,it would not help us one bit?,so no point in selling unless we had to.

It would help the owner balance the books or pay the wages...but in terms of spending it on a player(s)... no chance..

18 minutes ago, Sheridan1-0 said:

i wouldn't disagree....but it would be good to be in a position to spend some money on say a decent centre forward or a goal keeper....

It would help the owner balance the books or pay the wages...but in terms of spending it on a player(s)... no chance..

He'll presumably be able to pay himself, then go into negotiations with himself to lend himself some money, while charging himself some interest? 

A move that was always on the cards, lots of interest in BB from a range of championship clubs, Fulham being one. Wages are the main issue so whoever can match his Wednesday deal will be in the que. Any deal is likely to be undisclosed with the money likely to fund the running of the club.

Were unlikely to pay fees for players, DC imposed his own free transfers only policy before last season started and its not changed, despite the fact he can spend quite freely in league one as transfers in are counted as assets, its only wages that count against turnover, limit is 60%, but anywhere near 55% and the club would be re embargoed.

Looks like a deal for Borners is agreed as well, his wages were a stumbling block in a deal to hanover, this looks like its been sorted, wouldnt be suprised to see Palmer and Luongo leave next for the same reasons.

Edited by staninoodle