Council Gardening

I’ve lived in my property for nearly seven years and have had problems getting the council gardens dept to maintain the communal council garden hedges adjoining the front and back of my bungalow when they carry out other communal areas.  Previous complaints  used to result in operatives attending to cut the hedges, more recently an inspector came on 2 occasions and deemed the growth over my path, steps and handrail as a H &S issue. Last year I was told, as gardeners were consistently failing to maintain the hedges, I needed an assessment which determined SCC responsibility. The hedge has not been cut for well over a year with growth completely covering the handrail alongside the path and 8 steps, with the rope like weed in the hedge covering the steps and over growth blocking access to the lower steps. As I now have a disability and have had a fall on the path due to inaccessible handrail I am unable to use my front door to leave or access  my property. I have contacted SCC gardening and housing depts on several occasions but only been told issue has been reported. Any ideas how I can get resolution?

Contact them again. Tell them if it's not sorted within "insert arbitary time frame" you will hire a private firm and send the invoice to the council. 

i would sue them if i was you ,re-the fall would not of happened if you could of used the hand rail

Also, take (or get a friend to help) some good photos from several angles and date them.

Some good suggestions above on this thread.

They would soon be chasing a private landlord if a private tenant complained to SCC about a similar situation.