Does Anyone Remember The Christmas Parties For Children At Richards Knife Factor

It was the highlight of my 

Childhood, being invited to the Christmas party at Richards.   I was 10 in 1956 and had never seen such a spread or been with so many children, all enjoying the festive event.  There was entertainment too, though I don't remember what.  I only remember the treats, the crackers and the little gifts, and my utter delight at being there.  

Edited by John bycroft
Correction to spelling

I went to a couple of Christmas parties at Burngreave Liberal Club around about the same time and recall the same feelings.

We're was the Burngreave Liberal Club. I only ask because my dad was a member of the Nether Edge Liberal club, and went there often. 

1 hour ago, John bycroft said:

We're was the Burngreave Liberal Club. I only ask because my dad was a member of the Nether Edge Liberal club, and went there often. 

Brunswick Road. On the left hand side heading towards town.

On 17/07/2021 at 20:58, John bycroft said:

It was the highlight of my 

Childhood, being invited to the Christmas party at Richards.   I was 10 in 1956 and had never seen such a spread or been with so many children, all enjoying the festive event.  There was entertainment too, though I don't remember what.  I only remember the treats, the crackers and the little gifts, and my utter delight at being there.  

hi

used to go every year,, born across the road, bishop st,   in 56 i would have been 13. memory fading now , but a lady called  mrs fowler used to get tickets for us ,,in those days it was a  mr. or mrs,..