Sylvester Jasper For Wednesday?

sound like a good promising striker ,from fulham,only 19 ,good with the ball,skills galore,lets see hey?

Thanks, I’ll file him under ‘Rumours’ along with George Byers and Bailey Ashley-Peacock.

There is definitely an air of desperation in some of the 'X for Wednesday' posts - they are in the same league as Lincoln City & probably less attractive to prospective players

Serious you would come Wednesday just for the size of the club? Massive.

15 hours ago, MJ01 said:

There is definitely an air of desperation in some of the 'X for Wednesday' posts - they are in the same league as Lincoln City & probably less attractive to prospective players

I'd hardly call this a desperation post. He's at the club on trial and only a young player. I don't know what he's like but must still be interested in signing to come on trial. I'm not sure I remember seeing any names mentioned that weren't possible other than maybe the Burnley keeper that might be abit of a stretch.

What the owls need is a local club who has an up and coming young striker, who they can pick up for peanuts but who can bag 20 goals a season. 

They did that in the late 1980s, so why can't they do it in 2021?

Surely one of the local clubs has an 18 year old version of David Hirst? 

there are players out there,i think darren is a man,who can find a bargain ,also hes well trusted by several premier clubs to look after the young players on a loan basis

8 hours ago, rogets said:

What the owls need is a local club who has an up and coming young striker, who they can pick up for peanuts but who can bag 20 goals a season. 

They did that in the late 1980s, so why can't they do it in 2021?

Surely one of the local clubs has an 18 year old version of David Hirst? 

Back in the 60's they used to have "scouts" who travelled around the area, they could spot talent a mile of.

I was touted by Chesterfield FC.

Went to Saltergate, met Tony Mc'shane the manager, and played a game of football.

After the game finished I was asked to go back the following Saturday.....

Couldn't be bothered, so I missed out of stardom.

we must have some scouts ,but they normally work with the young ones,but when we get a good young un our record of keeping them is appalling is it not?