Landlords That Allow Caged Rats?

I'm after a two bedroom furnished property in either S3, S10, S8, S11, S2 or S7 (a wide range! ) and am having trouble finding letting agents who are willing to consider me as I have two pet rats. They're both caged. 

Has anyone had any experience with this? Can anyone point me in the direction of a landlord or letting agent who are more flexible with pets? 

Thanks! 

If you can demonstrate that the cage doors are welded shut you might have a chance.

I mean you could just not tell them you have caged rats, and when (or indeed if) they come to inspect, simply get someone else to look after them for the day.

Edited by HeHasRisen

Playing Devil’s Advocate, why should a landlord take a chance of your rats escaping? More likely a Murid averse neighbour spots your pets and brings their existence to the attention of your landlord. I’d takeHHR’s advice if I were you, and attempt to see that they are not spotted.

i agree,sign up,check details of tennancy if nowt about small caged animals,thats it home and dry.

I had a couple of pet rats, they are really good to keep and very friendly. This might not be to everyone's taste but if I was having something to eat they would come and investigate and even sit on my shoulder waiting for a nibble.

Would happily sit on you whilst you were watching telly etc.

Drawback is they don't live long, suffering from respiratory diseases and when you let them out of the cage, they do what rodents do - chew everything.

Letting them out in a rented property will seriously put your bond at risk. 😢

On 16/07/2021 at 11:46, Clallf said:

I'm after a two bedroom furnished property in either S3, S10, S8, S11, S2 or S7 (a wide range! ) and am having trouble finding letting agents who are willing to consider me as I have two pet rats. They're both caged. 

Has anyone had any experience with this? Can anyone point me in the direction of a landlord or letting agent who are more flexible with pets?

Best to seek houses, not flats; the latter will be leasehold and usually bound by 'no-animal' covenants.

[Is no rat; is hamster: see http://tviv.org/Fawlty_Towers/Basil_the_Rat]