Banner Pop Up Ads

Zero ad same top and bottom, get rid of them .

Really not liking it on mobile, seems to obscure navigation and hinders forum functionality on mobile.

Posted (edited)

There are adverts?
I wondered what this strange blank box was that appeared at the bottom of the page tonight.
Ad-blocker; no adverts anywhere.

But the forum was purchased by a business, did people really think that there wouldn't be an attempt made to make money from it in some way? That's how businesses work.

~EDIT~

Alright, it's intrusive...it pops up every time I move between pages. Once is enough.

Edited by Pyrotequila

8 hours ago, alchemist said:

There are ads at the top, ads on the side and ads at the bottom.  Now the ads at the bottom are getting covered by the extra pop up ads!!!!  Soon the entire page will be one mass of ads, somewhat like the Star webpage

7 hours ago, HeHasRisen said:

You can hit the X to get rid of them but as soon as you go to another page, up they pop again. Very intrusive and poor.

7 hours ago, HeHasRisen said:

The feedback is that it is a load of intrusive crap, won't mince my words. Get rid of it. Not going to get any better with time, already sick of hitting the X to clear it down each time.

7 hours ago, Kidorry said:

I will second that. I am slowly getting fed up with the changes that are coming to the forum.

6 hours ago, Thirsty Relic said:

Very annoying, especially for regular users who look at more than one topic.  My ad-blockers remove them, but I'm left with white space, meaning that the bottom post (usually the most recent, and therefore the one you want to read) is invisible. 

5 hours ago, geared said:

These ads are too intrusive.

5 hours ago, altus said:

Overly intrusive ads, which pop-up ads always are, discourage people from using the sites hosting them or push people towards installing ad blockers.

4 hours ago, Longcol said:

Same here.

1 hour ago, lazarus said:

Zero ad same top and bottom, get rid of them .

1 hour ago, Pyrotequila said:

Alright, it's intrusive...it pops up every time I move between pages. Once is enough.

There's your feedback. I agree. If you value actually having people use the forums, get rid of the ads please.

6 ads per page is excessive, getrid of the one after the first post and the one at the bottom.

I wouldn’t expect anything else from Sheffield forum.

It lost it ways many years ago with over moderation.

That was the owners fault….he lost interest and left it to moderators to run.

Then came the the new owners with promises….new moderators.

That’s gone well…..

It’s  just continuous adverts…distracting…and dam right intrusive.

The Ad at the bottom of the screen is very intrusive and puts me off from coming on to this forum, every time I change pages up it pops again. I had got used to the others but this one is a pain in the arse and puts me off coming on this site now.

1 minute ago, kidneystone said:

The Ad at the bottom of the screen is very intrusive and puts me off from coming on to this forum, every time I change pages up it pops again. I had got used to the others but this one is a pain in the arse and puts me off coming on this site now.

Me too. And i wonder how many people are interested in what's  being advertised?

How many pop up ads have you actually read?

1 minute ago, Gormenghast said:

Me too. And i wonder how many people are interested in what's  being advertised?

How many pop up ads have you actually read?

The short answer is none ( except for the occasional accidental click)

56 minutes ago, kidneystone said:

The short answer is none ( except for the occasional accidental click)

Same here, in fact it could also encourage many now to use an adblocker so in essence is counter productive.

Do we know how long the forum owners will be running this new ad trial?

The banner ad showing on my phone are very small. I'd not even noticed them until I read this thread then looked at the bottom of the screen. 

No one wants to see too many ads but I can live with the banner ads if I'm honest.