Ineffectual Crowd Control In Football Stadiums.

14 minutes ago, PRESLEY said:

I used an emojis to clearly show I was joking but you didn't pick on that, that reflects my view of your mental capbilities,  stop being mardy, :roll:

Haha, I thought it might!

Can I also just add PRESLEY, I’m really pleased we’re allowed have this kind of difference of opinion, without a mod turning up and shutting everything down!

Edited by Waldo

Guest makapaka
32 minutes ago, Waldo said:

I’m blaming the idiots.

However, I also blame the security in so far as it was woefully inadequate to keep control of the situation; maybe we should be asking why?

Why didn’t the authorities anticipate trouble, is no-one monitoring social media? Also, perhaps Wembley and the FA are more concerned with how profitable the event will be, and security is a secondary concern to them? If that’s the case, who is deciding if their proposed security measures are adequate to the task?

I'm sure people are asking why. They've already said it's highly likely to affect bids for 2030 tournament.

I also think that there would be no previous experience of England playing a major final at Wembley and how some fans might react - particularly when those same fans have probably not attended a game of football in 18months and were therefore hyped up to say the least.

It is what it is. No need to create a massive security response involving the army, water cannons and rubber bullets as a consqeuence.

11 minutes ago, makapaka said:

No need to create a massive security response involving the army, water cannons and rubber bullets as a consqeuence.

Yes, that’s fair enough makapaka.

I think you just need to get the appropriate level of force in order to control the situation, so that the idiots are not running the show, and getting inside unchecked.

I wonder that that would look like? What security measures would have been appropriate for Sunday’s game, to maintain control, and prevent unauthorised access to the stadium?

2 hours ago, Baron99 said:

I hear people on the news blaming the Wembley security & the police.  What about simply blaming the drunken idiots for causing the problems in the first place? 

If the Hillsborough investigation taught us anything, it's that a crowd of people should never be held accountable for their actions in any way.

Rather than an individual victim who people often try and blame instead of the offender.

Makes you wonder how many there need to be in a mob before the tipping point of a lack of accountability is reached. 30? 60? 100?

In terms of the final at Wembley, maybe the stewards and security have got out of practice at planning for the stupidity of people and just thought people would queue up nicely.

38 minutes ago, Waldo said:

Haha, I thought it might!

Can I also just add PRESLEY, I’m really pleased we’re allowed have this kind of difference of opinion, without a mod turning up and shutting everything down!

You wasn't far off really when saying the Army should get involved I've said  this before about riots ect, I think the Army Lads and Lasses wouldn't  mind standing along side of the Police when rioting and looting take place,  or be  on standby at peaceful demonstrations just incase it something goes wrong.:thumbsup:

Guest sibon
1 hour ago, Waldo said:

I think you need to scale up the response to appropriately meet the threat and be in control of the morons. That clearly didn’t happen on Sunday night.

I think if the threat is sufficient that you’d consider the SAS to be an appropriate response, then clearly you would stop the event from going ahead at that point.

But the “threat” was that a few hundred idiots got into Wembley without tickets. The correct response is to arrest them and throw the book at them.

I attend lots of football matches, I don’t want to encounter the SAS, water cannon and all the other frankly bonkers things that you seem to think are proportionate responses to a few idiots.

1 minute ago, sibon said:

But the “threat” was that a few hundred idiots got into Wembley without tickets. The correct response is to arrest them and throw the book at them.

I attend lots of football matches, I don’t want to encounter the SAS, water cannon and all the other frankly bonkers things that you seem to think are proportionate responses to a few idiots.

Do you not understand ‘scale up appropriately’?

Also, point out where I say SAS is a proportionate response to a few idiots. Or withdraw your gross misrepresentation of my position.

Guest sibon
3 minutes ago, Waldo said:

Do you not understand ‘scale up appropriately’?

Also, point out where I say SAS is a proportionate response to a few idiots. Or withdraw your gross misrepresentation of my position.

I understand that you are making a scene.

At first, I thought your op was some sort of not very funny parody. Then I realised that you were serious about water cannon, the army and rubber bullets. At a football game.

I’m still trying to take it all in. Please tell me this is an elaborate joke thread.

40 minutes ago, sibon said:

I understand that you are making a scene.

At first, I thought your op was some sort of not very funny parody. Then I realised that you were serious about water cannon, the army and rubber bullets. At a football game.

I’m still trying to take it all in. Please tell me this is an elaborate joke thread.

Again, point out where I say SAS is a proportionate response to a few idiots. Or withdraw your gross misrepresentation of my position.

It's Rumpole of the Bailey..

If it had been normal, non-pandemic times, Wembley would have been full so they wouldn't have had a chance of gaining entrance & grabbing a seat. 

The police have released pictures of 10 men they want to interview in relation to violence during and after the game.

Prizes for anyone who can find one of the people who pointed out on social media that all the players who missed a penalty were black, who has since posted to point out that all the people the police are looking for are white.