Royal Oak Mosborough

Have just driven through Mosborough and saw the Royal Oak has been demolished, I know it had been boarded up for a while. I expect the land will be earmarked for flats or a few houses, does anyone know?

Think I read somewhere that some hazardous substances had been dumped there, so they decided to clear the whole site. Maybe wrong though. 

I recall last year (Octoberish) reading reports of a toxic chemical being dumped/spilled in the pub car park and polluting the ground.

10 hours ago, horribleblob said:

I recall last year (Octoberish) reading reports of a toxic chemical being dumped/spilled in the pub car park and polluting the ground.

I never knew they served Stones ale there....

2 hours ago, MJ01 said:

About as toxic as it gets (unless we extend the definition of "beer" to the ultra-boring Farmers Blonde or the execrable Belgian Blue).

The company that owned it stored some chemicals on the site that ran into the water supply, its demolition was totally unconnected to this and was done without permission, the site has been left a mess with debris strewn around.

On 15/07/2021 at 22:37, MJ01 said:

Reminds me of a saying from the seventies:

"If the bottom's fallen out of your world, have a few pints of Stones, and the world will fall out of your bottom!"

So they are giving the general public, who are usually idiots, the power to decide whether to rebuild a derelict pub or not?

Outstanding 🙄🙄🙄

Edited by HeHasRisen

1 hour ago, HeHasRisen said:

So they are giving the general public, who are usually idiots, the power to decide whether to rebuild a derelict pub or not?

Outstanding 🙄🙄🙄

No they are not

2 hours ago, HeHasRisen said:

Outstanding 🙄🙄🙄

You obviously have a very high opinion of yourself.