Royal Oak Mosborough

13 hours ago, iansheff said:

Its certainly a coincidence the toxic chemical spillage happened just after the new developer agreed the purchase and it is certainly fortuitous that the new developer thinks they had no choice to develop it and can now build shops instead.

Aye the pub trade is doing really well at the moment, rebuilding a derelict pub is a cracking idea.

14 hours ago, HeHasRisen said:

So they are giving the general public, who are usually idiots, the power to decide whether to rebuild a derelict pub or not?

Outstanding 🙄🙄🙄

:hihi: thats funny, are you   from out of space,   if so  Phone Home !  :hihi:

I beg your pardon? Have you actually read the title of the article? Here it is again...

Residents asked if developer who knocked down historic Sheffield pub without permission should be let off the hook

Asking the residents what should happen to the developer. Its absolute lunacy.

Also add to that...

residents have highlighted a case in London where a developer was ordered to rebuild a pub brick-by-brick after it was knocked down without consent.

Beyond bonkers. Rebuild a derelict pub, great idea ffs.

Edited by HeHasRisen

building the new shopping mall although small ,i think would help the area.as the area does have plenty of pubs,but i would demand that the owners build a nice childrens play area as re-payment for demolition ,without permission.

1 minute ago, bassett one said:

building the new shopping mall although small ,i think would help the area.as the area does have plenty of pubs,but i would demand that the owners build a nice childrens play area as re-payment for demolition ,without permission.

Surely ANYTHING is better than demanding they rebuild a derelict pub, have the local residents had a bang on the head or something?

1 hour ago, HeHasRisen said:

Surely ANYTHING is better than demanding they rebuild a derelict pub, have the local residents had a bang on the head or something?

They won't be asked to rebuild it because we need the pub. Its meant to be a penalty to discourage others from demolishing without permission. They can put it back and then apply for relevant permissions. Meanwhile its going to cost them a lot of money to rebuild it and they will be more careful to do things properly next time.

So you want them to rebuild it to then demolish it again? 🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

3 hours ago, nightrider said:

They won't be asked to rebuild it because we need the pub. Its meant to be a penalty to discourage others from demolishing without permission. They can put it back and then apply for relevant permissions. Meanwhile its going to cost them a lot of money to rebuild it and they will be more careful to do things properly next time.

Or they could receive a fine?

1 hour ago, Bargepole23 said:

Or they could receive a fine?

Would be imminently more sensible then making them rebuild something to knock it down again.

8 hours ago, HeHasRisen said:

I beg your pardon? Have you actually read the title of the article? Here it is again...

Residents asked if developer who knocked down historic Sheffield pub without permission should be let off the hook

Asking the residents what should happen to the developer. Its absolute lunacy.

Also add to that...

residents have highlighted a case in London where a developer was ordered to rebuild a pub brick-by-brick after it was knocked down without consent.

Beyond bonkers. Rebuild a derelict pub, great idea ffs.

Thats an article in The Sheffield Star asking for peoples opinions  , nothing more . Its not legally binding