How Is The Waverly, Rotherham- Area For Living?

On 22/07/2021 at 11:42, HeHasRisen said:

So you are ignoring all the advice about how it would be a pain to get to the NGH from there on public transport?

No my Friend, the thing is,  before taking any decision its always better to see and judge self, isn't it?  I really wanted a clear idea, which I think already got. Yes, I do at least 8-10 long shifts on call per month from 7:30am till 8pm/sometimes more. it will be hectic I guess. Also my theatre starts at sharp 8 in the morning. So really thinking about that too. Another issue is my kid's school. Junior wise its ok, but thinking about the secondary also as I am not the person who likes frequent house move !!!

On 22/07/2021 at 13:59, tinfoilhat said:

I would literally wake up in a cold sweat at the mere suggestion of a 50 min bus ride, twice a day.

Yes, I also agree with that, sir...

On 15/07/2021 at 14:09, Beaky D said:

Hi Tamjid,

I live at Waverley and I can say that it is a lovely place to live.  There is a bit of misinformation in the previous messages - Waverley is not built on an open cast mine but on the old Orgreave Coking plant. Many years before any housing was started, there was an extensive clean up of the ground to ensure that there were no contaminates.  There is an infant and junior school at Waverley and for older children, there are comprehensive schools as Brinsworth and Handsworth.  

In response to the area being a flood risk, this is incorrect as Waverley is significantly above the river, I think the author of that post may have been getting muddled with Catcliffe, which is at the bottom of the hill.  

The best suggestion would be to come and have a look at the area and see what you think but personally I'd recommend living there.

Think your wrong on that one …..

On 25/07/2021 at 12:36, alarmingmark said:

Think your wrong on that one …..

All of it? Or just specific bits?

5 hours ago, alarmingmark said:

Most of it …

Can you please specify, my friend?