City Road Cemetery

Does anyone know about the living accommodation at City Road cemetery which I believe is now the offices?? A man called Sam Bell (?) used to live there and worked at the cemetery. Thanks

Contact Bereavement Services on  0114 2396068 . They should be able to help.

1 hour ago, johnpm said:

Contact Bereavement Services on  0114 2396068 . They should be able to help.

Thanks

Well I used to work in Montague House on Cemetery Road when it had been converted to offices, I’m sure that there are records that will answer your question regarding City Road Cemetery.

Edited by crookesey

On 15/07/2021 at 11:32, crookesey said:

Well I used to work in Montague House on Cemetery Road when it had been converted to offices, I’m sure that there are records that will answer your question regarding City Road Cemetery.

Thanks, do you know where I should look?? City Road say they can't help. Thanks 

Hi as you approached City road cemetery the building  to your left was lived in by the Lewin family who’s father worked in the cemetery. The right hand side was also occupied by a couple and the house at the Manor Lane end in the Seventies/Eighties all who worked for the Cemetery but I don’t remember their names unfortunately.

On 12/08/2021 at 10:15, Tortoise55 said:

Hi as you approached City road cemetery the building  to your left was lived in by the Lewin family who’s father worked in the cemetery. The right hand side was also occupied by a couple and the house at the Manor Lane end in the Seventies/Eighties all who worked for the Cemetery but I don’t remember their names unfortunately.

Thanks!

On 13/07/2021 at 15:26, AndreaS74 said:

Does anyone know about the living accommodation at City Road cemetery which I believe is now the offices?? A man called Sam Bell (?) used to live there and worked at the cemetery. Thanks

On 08/09/2021 at 11:10, AndreaS74 said:

Thanks!

I lived there with my great aunt and Uncle Sam and lotte  in the early 70’s

Someone does live in the lodge he works in the cemetery I've delivered shopping to him