Help For My Neighbour With His Blue Badge.

My neighbour is a blue badge holder but uses the card in his daughters car. When he applied for his blue badge his daughter had another car and he had to put the registration number of her car down on the application form. His daughter has just changed her car and he is wondering whether he has to let the council know of the new cars reg. number. He has been trying to get through on his phone but the blue badge office at the council is continually engaged. I would like to help him as he’s 90 years old and has trouble walking. Any advice would be appreciated.

Pretty sure when my nan was around, we used to take her to the shops in our family car (which had a different reg to her own car) and displayed her blue badge without any issue, dont even remember the reg being on the blue badge but my memory is hazy.

1 hour ago, pattricia said:

My neighbour is a blue badge holder but uses the card in his daughters car. When he applied for his blue badge his daughter had another car and he had to put the registration number of her car down on the application form. His daughter has just changed her car and he is wondering whether he has to let the council know of the new cars reg. number. He has been trying to get through on his phone but the blue badge office at the council is continually engaged. I would like to help him as he’s 90 years old and has trouble walking. Any advice would be appreciated.

my wife holdsa blue badge. it can be used in any vehcle,it is not limited to one car. I remeber some years ago the badge was issued to a vehicle but i thought this system had been scrapped. just out of curiosity who is the issueing authority for your nieghbours badge, it may be that different authorities have different rules.

26 minutes ago, HeHasRisen said:

Pretty sure when my nan was around, we used to take her to the shops in our family car (which had a different reg to her own car) and displayed her blue badge without any issue, dont even remember the reg being on the blue badge but my memory is hazy.

Thanks for your advice. I also checked my neighbours blue badge and although he has a blue badge ticket number, the reg. number of his daughters previous car is not on it, so I would think that a blue badge can be used in any car, as long as the blue badge itself is not out of date. He does remember putting his daughters reg number on his original application form.

2 minutes ago, buddysbuddy said:

my wife holdsa blue badge. it can be used in any vehcle,it is not limited to one car. I remeber some years ago the badge was issued to a vehicle but i thought this system had been scrapped. just out of curiosity who is the issueing authority for your nieghbours badge, it may be that different authorities have different rules.

This is some good information here, thanks.  My neighbours badge is issued by Sheffield City Council. I’m sure the badge is issued to the person and not the car.

Edited by pattricia

Yes its for the person and not the car, should be fine to leave it I would say.

2 minutes ago, pattricia said:

Thanks for your advice. I also checked my neighbours blue badge and although he has a blue badge ticket number, the reg. number of his daughters previous car is not on it, so I would think that a blue badge can be used in any car, as long as the blue badge itself is not out of date. He does remember putting his daughters reg number on his original application form.

This is some good information here, thanks.  My neighbours badge is issued by Sheffield City Council.

sheffield council issue is not limited to 1 vehcle. as long as the badge is current and displayed there is no problem.

3 minutes ago, buddysbuddy said:

sheffield council issue is not limited to 1 vehcle. as long as the badge is current and displayed there is no problem.

Thank you so much. I will pass this advice on today.