Richard Branson

12 hours ago, West 77 said:

It's pretty impressive another billionaire has successfully completed a mission into space for purpose of space tourism.  However history proves someone coming second is soon forgotten. Most people know that Sir Roger Bannister was the first athlete to run a mile under 4 minutes but hardly anyone knows who the second athlete was to run a mile under 4 minutes was.  Another good day for Great Britain that a foreigner has finished second. 

Rule Britannia!

How much of the design, manufacture, assembly and testing did Richard Branson direct his company to carry out in "Britannia"?

Wait until Elon Musk decides to give it a go.  He'll end up with something up there like the Bond villain from 'Moonraker'.

According to new rules from the US's Federal Aviation Administration, neither Branson or Bezos or those who travel with them can be considered 'astronauts'. 

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-us-canada-57950149

I'm sure both are crying into their wallets. 

7 hours ago, Yawn367 said:

He owes millions in taxes.

It really is awful. He can easily pay it.

Just chooses not to.

I’ll never get it.

It’s disgusting, maybe I’m getting old or soft of summat.

What taxes does he owe? I dont think he even lives in the UK, he owns an island and visits various countries.

1 hour ago, Yawn367 said:

Richard Branson won a £1bn of NHS contracts last year, as £3.1bn of health services were privatised. The Tories pledged the proportion of care provided by limited companies. They lied.

Virgin Care pay no UK tax.

The owners of the Telegraph and The Ritz, pay no tax. Haven’t for well over a decade.

Because they live on their own island.😒

It’s not just them.

All at it.

There was more he owed.

Darn, if only you’d ask me two years ago.

Ahhh.... so you can't actually prove he and they owe anything within the definitions and mandatory enforcement of our tax laws then.

Cut the Waffle. Why don't you just be honest and say what you really mean.......

YOU think they should morally forced to pay more tax than the law says they have to simply because "they rich init".    Well unfortunately we don't have a court of morals and that's not how it works.

Like all other successful organisations they are not in the habit of paying  extra money when they don't legally have to. Thats the reason  companies employ very skilled clever lawyers and accountants to make sure they know the rules inside out.  It's business.

Don't know why are you singling out these particular organisations. Any business will do exactly the same.

If you don't like the system, go complaining to the people in Parliament who can actually do something about it.