11 hours ago, busdriver1 said:

I have noticed that ANY football supporter has great difficulty accepting that there are many people who find the game boring and lead happy, prosperous and successful lives without it.

It would appear that SOME people can only exist as part of a herd or mob and are not able to comprehend not being in that place.

You don't get it  it's not just about the game I  the world cup there was buying flags everywhere  now the police are threatening to fine people 

9 hours ago, MJ01 said:

It appears fairly conclusive that no/very few local authority regions are putting up city centre big screens (it is all being done by private enterprise) this thread can probably be locked / deleted as it is irrelevant

You mean because the wokes dint like it 

Who's the home of football 

3 minutes ago, ormester said:

You don't get it  it's not just about the game I  the world cup there was buying flags everywhere  now the police are threatening to fine people 

I'm confused. Why a the police threatening to fine people for? 

Buying flags or displaying them? 

1 minute ago, HeHasRisen said:

More Ormester nonsense.

Fair enough. 

I had heard (3rd hand so it could be rubbish) recently that police were stopping people in their cars who had those England flags attached to the outside. Apparently it was a pedestrian safety and visibility thing, I wondered if that is what he or she meant.. 

10 minutes ago, The_DADDY said:

Fair enough. 

I had heard (3rd hand so it could be rubbish) recently that police were stopping people in their cars who had those England flags attached to the outside. Apparently it was a pedestrian safety and visibility thing, I wondered if that is what he or she meant.. 

Do you really expect a coherent discussion from him? This is his usual MO: windmilling and dishing insults out.

Erm...um....woke! Or something.

9 minutes ago, HeHasRisen said:

Do you really expect a coherent discussion from him? This is his usual MO: windmilling and dishing insults out.

Erm...um....woke! Or something.

Ahh right I see now. 

Cheers for the heads up 👍

Guest busdriver1
55 minutes ago, ormester said:

Who's the home of football 

Err. That would be Italy since the Romans played a version of it. 

56 minutes ago, ormester said:

You don't get it  it's not just about the game 

so what is it about then?  Who can drink the most?  Who can behave the worst?  

4 minutes ago, busdriver1 said:

Err. That would be Italy since the Romans played a version of it. 

so what is it about then?  Who can drink the most?  Who can behave the worst?  

Hnnnnngggggg council hnnnnggggg no fun hnnnngggggg you are woke hnnnngggggg!

Guest busdriver1
1 hour ago, HeHasRisen said:

Hnnnnngggggg council hnnnnggggg no fun hnnnngggggg you are woke hnnnngggggg!

Translation please 

English will suffice. 

Just now, busdriver1 said:

Translation please 

English will suffice. 

I was just summarising Ormsters posts.

Anyway,. its probably a good job there was no big screen, the rioting would be starting about now,

31 minutes ago, HeHasRisen said:

I was just summarising Ormsters posts.

Anyway,. its probably a good job there was no big screen, the rioting would be starting about now,

I agree. Just got a taxi home and the driver said they’ve been advised to avoid town if possible.

On 10/07/2021 at 23:27, top4718 said:

The city doesn't have a lot going for it, it should be embracing the fact that it's the home of the most popular sport on the planet, it would attract much needed business to restaurants, bars, street vendors etc and give the city some national exposure when it so desperately needs all the help it can get.

Knowing how backward this council looks they'd probably sweep up a nice little earner in parking tickets.

Lots of pubs are showing the final and have big screens.

Why are you so quick to run the council down? If you think you can do any better, get yourself elected then you can come on here and gloat on about how right you were.