Sign in to follow this  

Shiny Sheff Lease for sale!!

Word on the street is that the landlord who has put the final nail in the coffin of this place has decided to jump from the sinking ship!

Hopefully it will be turned back into a pub for the people and will ride the waves once more…

which pub is it?

Shiny Sheff (or The Sheffield) Crimicar Lane, Lodge Moor

Thought he had turned it round and that it was doing well:huh:

that was all spin. The food wasnt bad if you dont mind eating alone. Just no atmosphere there, or drinkers/diners.

Word from the horses mouth is that that after successfully turning The Sheffield round to become a friendly, welcoming and successful pub the landlord has decided not to rest on his laurels but to move on to bigger and better things.

He hopes to sell the lease over to someone who can continue to strive on the current success of the Sheffield. If you are interested get in touch with Brownhill, Vickers and Platts - http://www.brownillvickersandplatts.co.uk/

As a local to The Sheffield, I can say that the pub is 1000% better than it used to be, just looking at the numbers of people who now go in, the cleanliness, the improvement in decor and the high quality of the food.

Well done John! Good Luck...

My wife and i were charged £5.90 for a pint of carling and a southern comfort and ginger in there a couple of weeks ago, thats a quid more than any where else, i think he's taking the provrbial..........

As a local to The Sheffield, I can say that the pub is 1000% better than it used to be, just looking at the numbers of people who now go in, the cleanliness, the improvement in decor and the high quality of the food.

Well done John! Good Luck...

Well said, that man!

I too am a local (infact I'm recovering from 'this morning's' session) and whilst John's prices are a little on the steep side, he deserves credit for transforming this pub from a smelly old dump with sticky carpets and beer towels on the bar to a nice, welcoming and clean environment.

Okay so it's smoke free. Best get used to it folks, it's coming everywhere next year.

It's easy to criticise behind the Sheffield Forum screen. John's worked hard and IMO deserves some recognition.

(NB I've been going to the Shiny Sheff since 1982 in some shape or form.)