Sheffield Fc Original Rules Go Fund Me

Sheffield FC has started a go fund me  page to raise money to buy back the original rules of football. Sheffield FC sold these rules for  £ 891,000 I think in 2011.    Is Sheffield FC a charity or is it a business?     What do the good folk of Sheffield think ?

Is this the same Sheffield FC who are expected to take up residence at a new specially built Sheffield Sports Centre in the old Transport grounds opposite Norton Roundabout, if it gets approval?

14 hours ago, Thirsty Relic said:

Is this the same Sheffield FC who are expected to take up residence at a new specially built Sheffield Sports Centre in the old Transport grounds opposite Norton Roundabout, if it gets approval?

Yes it is, and just as misspedantic has pointed out they sold the original copy for quite a large sum of money to pump into the club, maybe they want to sell them again, just a thought, personally I believe they belong in a museum !

16 hours ago, misspedantic said:

Sheffield FC has started a go fund me  page to raise money to buy back the original rules of football. Sheffield FC sold these rules for  £ 891,000 I think in 2011.    Is Sheffield FC a charity or is it a business?     What do the good folk of Sheffield think ?

They aren't a charity but they are always begging for money.

So, they are a non-league club who sold the rules and other stuff for almost a million pounds, and are going round with a begging bowl to get people to buy them back, no doubt so they can sell them again.....Well, there are plenty of fools around.....

What upsets me is that the local rag (The Star) can't see through this and have started a campaign to get people to contribute to it!

They basically ponce money off the back of unproven credentials - there's evidence of other older football teams - spend what you earn through the gate & put the begging bowls away 

47 minutes ago, Thirsty Relic said:

So, they are a non-league club who sold the rules and other stuff for almost a million pounds, and are going round with a begging bowl to get people to buy them back, no doubt so they can sell them again.....Well, there are plenty of fools around.....

What upsets me is that the local rag (The Star) can't see through this and have started a campaign to get people to contribute to it!

I think you will find these are a second copy and not the ones sold in 2011

the £50k figure also seems like a come and get me estimate and surely they will attract a higher price 

yes they are important to football history and belong  in a museum 

sadly the national football museum is In Manchester 

Yes, but the very rich Sheffield FC are planning to sell their current ground and buy the plot at Meadowhead to house a new pitch AND a Heritage Centre to create a football museum here in Sheffield.  https://www.thestar.co.uk/sport/football/first-look-at-proposed-new-sheffield-fc-stadium-to-finally-mark-the-home-of-football-3149895

They have the cash, so it can only be a publicity stunt to ask others to buy a set of rules for them to go in it alongside the other one they've got.   Begging SUFC, SWFC, FA and others for exhibits is also on their agenda.

1 hour ago, Thirsty Relic said:

Yes, but the very rich Sheffield FC are planning to sell their current ground and buy the plot at Meadowhead to house a new pitch AND a Heritage Centre to create a football museum here in Sheffield.  https://www.thestar.co.uk/sport/football/first-look-at-proposed-new-sheffield-fc-stadium-to-finally-mark-the-home-of-football-3149895

They have the cash, so it can only be a publicity stunt to ask others to buy a set of rules for them to go in it alongside the other one they've got.   Begging SUFC, SWFC, FA and others for exhibits is also on their agenda.

What other one they’ve got? Have I missed something’? 

Sheffield FC are a very rich club - but every time they see an opportunity to wring another shilling out of someone out come the begging bowls with the 'we're the worlds oldest club' trope (which there is no hard evidence for)

So how rich are they then ,got a number

1 hour ago, MJ01 said:

Sheffield FC are a very rich club - but every time they see an opportunity to wring another shilling out of someone out come the begging bowls with the 'we're the worlds oldest club' trope (which there is no hard evidence for)

FIFA  and the FA both recognise Sheffield fc as the worlds oldest football club 

who are the others you refer to?

you and the old relic seem to have some hate in your mind about them 

do you live at meadow head or follow Hallam fc ? 

genuine football supporters should be supporting their efforts ! Stop the negativity