Football's Coming Home (Apparently)

Since there's a significant probability that football could be 'coming home' on Sunday night, I look forward to celebrating the arrival of a suitably inflated pig's bladder at Sheffield FC.

Are there any other fitting locations to welcome its homecoming?

They don’t stand a chance against the spaghetti eaters.

4 minutes ago, *Wallace* said:

They don’t stand a chance against the spaghetti eaters.

Notwithstanding that my dear Wallace, it's the first time in my life I've been able to speculate on a footballing matter (I'm a Blade remember) with any degree of positivity.

Hey up BF.

I think an open top parade to Sheffield FC should happen. Imagine the crowds in dronfield!

Strangely, I think the pressures off us.  With the Italians on a 33 unbeaten run, I'd see us as the underdogs.  We do have an impressive defensive record on our side. 

As to football coming home to the home of football, Sheffield Football Laws, Sheffield FC, Hallam FC, the world's oldest, continously used football ground that hosted the world's first floodlit game, etc at BDTBL, I'm sure that Sheffield can find room in its Football Museum for an exhibition of Euro 2020?

Oh hang on. Somehow that found its way to the other side of the Pennines?  

3 hours ago, tinfoilhat said:

Hey up BF.

I think an open top parade to Sheffield FC should happen. Imagine the crowds in dronfield!

Indeed tfh, but parading the cup in Derbyshire...how did Sheffield FC end up there?!

Guest busdriver1
16 hours ago, boyfriday said:

Since there's a significant probability that football could be 'coming home' on Sunday night, I look forward to celebrating the arrival of a suitably inflated pig's bladder at Sheffield FC.

Since I believe the earliest records of a game involving kicking a spherical object between 2 teams dates back to when Roman soldiers kicked the severed heads of prisoners in a game, can it truly be said that football will go home? To Italy?

Asking for a friend.😁

Puts a different meaning on a header. 

On 08/07/2021 at 14:22, boyfriday said:

Howdoo Boyfriday. 

Long time no speak. I hope you are well 🙏

8 hours ago, busdriver1 said:

Since I believe the earliest records of a game involving kicking a spherical object between 2 teams dates back to when Roman soldiers kicked the severed heads of prisoners in a game, can it truly be said that football will go home? To Italy?

Asking for a friend.😁

Win win for me then. 

Being both half Italian and half English I win no matter the result.. 

Yay for me 😁

12 hours ago, busdriver1 said:

Asking for a friend.😁

We don't like that kind of friend busdriver! 😆

4 hours ago, The_DADDY said:

Howdoo Boyfriday. 

Long time no speak. I hope you are well 🙏

Win win for me then. 

Being both half Italian and half English I win no matter the result.. 

Yay for me 😁

Ey up Daddy, good to see you 👍

Ps having had a tin of Heinz Ravioli when you were in J2 doesn't imply any Roman ancestry! 😂

10 minutes ago, boyfriday said:

😆

Ps having had a tin of Heinz Ravioli when you were in J2 doesn't imply any Roman ancestry! 😂

😂🤣😂

Damn, you sussed me out. 😭

Great to see you too by the way 🙏