Time To Hang Up I Think.

1 hour ago, gamezone07 said:

Sorry to hear you are leaving, valued your work and contributions.

while we can discuss issues, i wish posters would start using the computer classifieds again, they were a godsend to those  on low income, and very few scammers. Market place, etc is ok, but some strange sellers on there, everything is too much for them,

Thanks for this, I mentioned revamping the classifieds again today and it is something we are working on to sort very shortly!

29 minutes ago, Ghozer said:

Exactly, and that is against the whole idea of what the interest groups were originally about...

No one on the new team seems to know (or seems to care) about the history of the Forum and the the time it's users have also put into it...

Interest groups especially, the whole idea behind those was to let  people run those, moderators kept things within the rules, but that was about it...

like the comp and tech chat, there was a lot of things the moderation team didn't know about, and were locking threads that shouldn't have been, deleting threads that mention the slightest hint of anything even remotely close to bending the rules (which seems to be happening again)

so it was handed off to me (there was other people, who had other sections in a similar fashion too) I could rename titles, lock posts, delete spam and pointless stuff, just generally help out with it..

it's not about the access, that's part of it (as I now feel I cannot keep the section as tidy as I used to, I cannot edit my own pinned post, I cannot remove it, or pin others to update (same as the pinned in the gamers group), that and how the whole thing has been handled, the whole "we were given a list, you weren't on it" fair enough, still doesn't change how it was done, and how you since responded.... its more that it feels like its now a business, rather than a community forum that just runs ads to keep itself running.

Honestly I understand you are annoyed, but everything we have done has been in the interest of the Forum, and want it to be an active community in which people can have interesting conversations. 

Unsure what you mean with deleting threads is happening again, because it isn't, as you can see from this, I haven't deleted any comments and I'm happy to answer to any issues people have. 

I think it is time to draw a line under this now though. 

Indeed, I was only here to give my reasons for leaving (well, greatly reducing my time) - not get into a long drawn discussion :)

6 hours ago, Ghozer said:

Indeed, I was only here to give my reasons for leaving (well, greatly reducing my time) - not get into a long drawn discussion :)

Hmmm... :huh:

... so you're NOT quitting the forum as you said in your opening post? :confused:

Well at least it's given you the excuse opportunity to get a few things off your chest... :hihi:

And gave you another excuse to start a pontless reply with...

1 hour ago, Mr Bloke said:

😄

Edited by zach

6 hours ago, Mr Bloke said:

... so you're NOT quitting the forum as you said in your opening post? :confused:

Well at least it's given you the excuse opportunity to get a few things off your chest... :hihi:

not really, I said in my original post..

"I may lurk on rare occasions, but the number of posts and replies from me will be extremely limited..."

But not getting into argument, as this forum is known for.... I'll just leave it here...

Generally, i'd lock this thread now......

2 hours ago, Ghozer said:

"I may lurk on rare occasions, but the number of posts and replies from me will be extremely limited..."

But not getting into argument, as this forum is known for.... I'll just leave it here...

... so you would lock the thread after having the last word?

They have trained you well Grasshopper... ;)

3 hours ago, Ghozer said:

Shouldn’t be locking anything. Less moderation the better.

I'm not locking the thread, but let's not have an argument here :)

3 hours ago, Ghozer said:

Happy to see that doesn't happen so much now!!

It always smacked of abuse of power, mods just rubbing normal users' faces in it; "we have the power to lock threads and end the debate on a whim, and there isn't anything you mere mortals can do about it". Imagine if this kind of behaviour happened in real life! It would be so unfair and uncool. Just imagine, mid conversation, and all of a sudden, the debate takes a direction one mod doesn't like, and everything is shut down, you have no right or ability to reply; doesn't matter that you feel there are points still to be addressed; mod power has shut everything down.

To my mind, and I accept I'm not seeing things from a mod point of view (so well could be missing something); the forum is a better place now everyone is on a more even footing; and hopefully we call all be helpful and friendly and get along together just fine. I hope I'm good spirited and helpful. I endeavour to be, but I'm sure I'm an asshole at times too.

Just now, SFBeca said:

I'm not locking the thread, but let's not have an argument here :)

Woohoo! So happy to hear it! And also, no need for arguments too. :)

Edited by Waldo

5 hours ago, Mr Bloke said:

... so you would lock the thread after having the last word?

They have trained you well Grasshopper... ;)

I used to lock threads once the original topic or subject had run it's course, or the original question had been answered etc... 

last word has/had nothing to do with it...

This was my choice to do here, and it was to keep things tidy, help prevent random spam posts on old threads etc.... simple as that...

I can't say anything about the rest of the forum, as it was not my decision... There are MANY threads I left open or left alone, that were later closed or removed by the moderator team, and I often queried "why was this thread removed/locked?" - as to me, there wasn't a valid reason to remove/lock it...

One example of what I am unable to do now, is update the Locked/Pinned thread with the list of companies... 

Oh well, not my problem anymore... 

Edited by Ghozer

Classic bit of attention seeking there. 'I'm leaving, please everyone, tell me how much I'll be missed'. As the old saying goes, it's not an airport, no need to announce your departure. 

38 minutes ago, slh73 said:

Classic bit of attention seeking there. 'I'm leaving, please everyone, tell me how much I'll be missed'. As the old saying goes, it's not an airport, no need to announce your departure. 

Haha, no, not at all....

There is a need to 'announce my departure' when I was effectively running this section, and many people often asked me for help or advise (yes, even directly)

so... yes, there is/was a need...