Wednesday Certs For Promotion

There's a fundamental problem with the concept of "spend what you want"....  as I have pointed out on a few occasions... take the Championship...

Let's say in any given year some chairman think...

"I'll spend 100 million on players, I know that if we get promoted I can get that back"... so 7 of them invest 100 million,  more than they earn, but worth it if they go up... but

Only 3 go up, and usually at least 1 of them is one of the relegated sides... leaving 5 or so clubs in a lot of debt, but nevermind they can invest another 100 million and go up next year... only (yep) only 3 of them can, and there's another 3 come down.... 

See where this is going, eventually some of these chairmen will want some, or all, of their money back.....   clubs sell grounds, sell players, go bust....    

The rules are there to hopefully prevent that... despite several clubs trying to find loopholes in the rules....

57 minutes ago, Vasquez Rich said:

There's a fundamental problem with the concept of "spend what you want"....  as I have pointed out on a few occasions... take the Championship...

Let's say in any given year some chairman think...

"I'll spend 100 million on players, I know that if we get promoted I can get that back"... so 7 of them invest 100 million,  more than they earn, but worth it if they go up... but

Only 3 go up, and usually at least 1 of them is one of the relegated sides... leaving 5 or so clubs in a lot of debt, but nevermind they can invest another 100 million and go up next year... only (yep) only 3 of them can, and there's another 3 come down.... 

See where this is going, eventually some of these chairmen will want some, or all, of their money back.....   clubs sell grounds, sell players, go bust....    

The rules are there to hopefully prevent that... despite several clubs trying to find loopholes in the rules....

Ive no problem with the concept of FFP, as long as its a level field and all are bound by the same rules. This isnt the case currently with relegated clubs getting 60M and selling off high value assets while the rest have to comply to a limit of 39M over 3 seasons, its only natural to expect the rest to look to gain an advantage by circumventing the rules, as some have done already and had success, Wolves being such a case.

14 hours ago, dan2802 said:

Personally, think we have half a chance of being a decent mid table team.

Not winning enough games. But not losing the others by loads of goals.

Time will tell.

A decent mid table team in League one isn't what any fan wants....

17 minutes ago, staninoodle said:

Ive no problem with the concept of FFP, as long as its a level field and all are bound by the same rules. This isnt the case currently with relegated clubs getting 60M and selling off high value assets while the rest have to comply to a limit of 39M over 3 seasons, its only natural to expect the rest to look to gain an advantage by circumventing the rules, as some have done already and had success, Wolves being such a case.

Really? :huh:

So where do you draw the line?

Is it OK to 'circumvent the rules' only if it's to your teams advantage... but not if it works against you?

So why not scrap all the rules and have a free for all?

Let's field as many players as we like, get rid of the referee, and return to schoolyard footy!

What utter nonsense! :roll:

i agree ,as many of you know,i liked the wolves idea,it worked and has kept them in the premier league as well.while others have been relegated,even a recent signing still had a loan first ,to ensure it would be okay for there system,will these ideas change now there managers gone,only time will tell.i would love wednesday to adopt there ideas,but no disrespect to darren,you need a certain set up to bring it off,including top agents.

21 hours ago, Mr Bloke said:

Really? :huh:

So where do you draw the line?

Is it OK to 'circumvent the rules' only if it's to your teams advantage... but not if it works against you?

So why not scrap all the rules and have a free for all?

Let's field as many players as we like, get rid of the referee, and return to schoolyard footy!

What utter nonsense! :roll:

Its already a two tier system, and the gulf will only get wider, which undermines the aspect of the championship being an equal competition and not becoming more of a procession the way that formula one has.

On the other hand youve got sides that have been successfull at getting round FFP, Leicester, Villa, Wolves and QPR all would have  been punished under FFP had they not got promoted, in QPRs case they got punished on their return, but not the 85M they should have got under the rules, arbitration reduced it to 8M as anything else would have broken the club, so the EFL didnt even execute its own rules in that case. FFP isnt working

If its 60M for one set of clubs, then its 60M for ALL clubs, but championship clubs wont have had the benefit of signing the better more in demand players that a club thats spent time in the prem has had, therefore increasing that 60M budget considerably there by gaining a further financial advantage over their rivals.

Edited by staninoodle

15 minutes ago, staninoodle said:

Its already a two tier system, and the gulf will only get wider, which undermines the aspect of the championship being an equal competition and not becoming more of a procession the way that formula one has.

On the other hand youve got sides that have been successfull at getting round FFP, Leicester, Villa, Wolves and QPR all would have  been punished under FFP had they not got promoted, in QPRs case they got punished on their return, but not the 85M they should have got under the rules, arbitration reduced it to 8M as anything else would have broken the club, so the EFL didnt even execute its own rules in that case. FFP isnt working

If its 60M for one set of clubs, then its 60M for ALL clubs, but championship clubs wont have had the benefit of signing the better more in demand players that a club thats spent time in the prem has had, therefore increasing that 60M budget considerably there by gaining a further financial advantage over their rivals.

Hmmm... :huh:

As interesting as this might be, and as much as I agree with what you're saying...

... it does not answer any of my questions! :|

well so much for those doubters about our accounts,they are now in and the star had a expert to look over them and he found them as you would expect,so we can soon sort out a few signings ,and get on with winning the league and set out to get to the premier league within 5 years,so onwards and upwards thats what i say,stop being negitive and lets behind our club and chairman,work together and start a new era of winning games.

6 minutes ago, bassett one said:

well so much for those doubters about our accounts,they are now in and the star had a expert to look over them and he found them as you would expect,so we can soon sort out a few signings ,and get on with winning the league and set out to get to the premier league within 5 years,so onwards and upwards thats what i say,stop being negitive and lets behind our club and chairman,work together and start a new era of winning games.

Hmmm... :huh:

... maybe you should have posted this yesterday? :hihi:

(Yes! I know it was only a pre-season friendly and they don't count...blah...blah...blah before anyone kicks off on one!)

53 minutes ago, bassett one said:

We could still get a points deduction for the constant late payment of players wages....but dont let that spoil the optimism..!!

The club will only go in one direction,whilst this clueless idiot of an owner remains at the club...

Edited by Sheridan1-0

answer to that comment,give us a alternative?,who wants to buy us? who wants all the debt?,at least hes not sent us into liquidation has hes,its easy to say get him out,but who wants to buy us,even free theres huge debts.

1 hour ago, bassett one said:

answer to that comment,give us a alternative?,who wants to buy us? who wants all the debt?,at least hes not sent us into liquidation has hes,its easy to say get him out,but who wants to buy us,even free theres huge debts.

What are the huge debts and who too??.....