Wednesday Certs For Promotion

There’s nothing more most football fans in this city would like as for  both clubs to be fighting it out with the Man U/ man c of this world in the pl

however with greatest of respect no one but no one can show how this Chansiri is a top business man. There is not a jot of evidence in the public domain unless I have missed something? Can you give that evidence? No I thought not! 

He is not involved with Thai union other than sharing a surname and by family relationship and as explained in previous posts TUG cannot and will not invest in football 

before you get carried away I suggest you await the expected forensic accountant examination of the latest accounts which are not exactly brilliant and the auditors clearly have reservations vis future financing of the club

i would also question whether additional spending is the answer. Maybe the last few years would have been richer if the dosh had been spent on better quality players  and in a manner subject to better financial controls 

sorry if this seems to be pulling you down but maybe better to walk before you can run!

17 hours ago, Man in Crete said:

There’s nothing more most football fans in this city would like as for  both clubs to be fighting it out with the Man U/ man c of this world in the pl

however with greatest of respect no one but no one can show how this Chansiri is a top business man. There is not a jot of evidence in the public domain unless I have missed something? Can you give that evidence? No I thought not! 

He is not involved with Thai union other than sharing a surname and by family relationship and as explained in previous posts TUG cannot and will not invest in football 

before you get carried away I suggest you await the expected forensic accountant examination of the latest accounts which are not exactly brilliant and the auditors clearly have reservations vis future financing of the club

i would also question whether additional spending is the answer. Maybe the last few years would have been richer if the dosh had been spent on better quality players  and in a manner subject to better financial controls 

sorry if this seems to be pulling you down but maybe better to walk before you can run!

Been saying this all along but got nothing but abuse for it.

As for spending more if he was allowed, what makes them think a person who couldn't even cover the wage bill is in a position to do that?

Edited by Alextopman

1 hour ago, bassett one said:

please note mr chansiri is a top business man,from a reputable top family business and if it was not for the stupid rules that states you cannot spend your hard earned cash on players ect as you wish,we would be in the premier league,in fact he nearly got us there twice,but needed to spend more,in any other business he would of achieved success,but i believe he will sort us out ,in the end,remember man utd,man city they went through bad times but came back stronger and i am sure he will sort it,sooner rather than later,because his family reputation is at stake.

Sorry mate, but if you believe that you're part of the problem.  His family have a very profitable although questionable business. He is a in-heritant of that. He has been ill advised for most of the way, and that's when he has bothered to seek advice.   

I think as a club swfc need to have a serious rethink of who they are, and where they want to be.  You are not Man City and like us blades probably never will be. 

His recklessness has brought you to the brink and you still don't see it.

1 hour ago, Alextopman said:

Being saying this all along but got nothing but abuse for it.

As for spending more if he was allowed, what makes them think a person who couldn't even cover the wage bill is in a position to do that?

I'm not for one minute sticking up for Chansiri but he has shown he's willing to spend if he's allowed but it doesn't wash using that excuse when teams have been promoted spending alot less than he has.

We'll see if the accounts bring up any nasty surprises.

2 minutes ago, NERVY-OWL said:

I'm not for one minute sticking up for Chansiri but he has shown he's willing to spend if he's allowed but it doesn't wash using that excuse when teams have been promoted spending alot less than he has.

We'll see if the accounts bring up any nasty surprises.

The question there is can he afford it now?, if he couldn't pay the wage bill it would suggest not.

Just now, Alextopman said:

The question there is can he afford it now?, if he couldn't pay the wage bill it would suggest not.

It looks like not from an outsider but it's only happened since the pandemic. We'll see if once the income returns wether the pandemic played a big part or he really can't afford to or won't put money in.

Personally, think we have half a chance of being a decent mid table team.

Not winning enough games. But not losing the others by loads of goals.

Time will tell.

well if you hate chansiri and everyone says hes no good,then tell me who will buy us,buy the ground as that belongs to a bank,who? or trust this man to get it right,i believe he will,hes made mistakes,hes said so,so lets see what happens,its okay saying they are queueing to buy us,i think theres no one out there ,that can help us?

or is there,please name them all?

3 minutes ago, bassett one said:

well if you hate chansiri and everyone says hes no good,then tell me who will buy us,buy the ground as that belongs to a bank,who? or trust this man to get it right,i believe he will,hes made mistakes,hes said so,so lets see what happens,its okay saying they are queueing to buy us,i think theres no one out there ,that can help us?

or is there,please name them all?

We're allowed to be critical, he's made a right mess of things and I'm sure if he shows he can learn and cut out the stupid things then he'll get support. Most owls know it will be difficult to find a buyer, that's down to the mistakes Chansiri has made.

The coming season will be a huge rebuild, weve yet to sign a player and have a paper thin squad, with some players hell bent on leaving and some that really do need shipping out.

Theres a number of issues that need to be addressed both on and off the pitch, recruitment should head the list, but only after we settle on a style of play and formation. Ironically in this division, DC can spend fees on players quite freely, as players in count as assets its just the wages he has to reign in and thats been an issue his entire tenure.

Wednesday have already signed 2/3 players,but they wont be announced until we get EFL approval, now the accounts are lodged and weve cleared up the wages, the umbongo should be lifted and we can trade players

Edited by staninoodle

15 hours ago, blackydog said:

That's a reasonable expectation given the current issues. That's of course if agent Chansiri doesn't spring any more surprises. he shouldn't be allowed near a football club.

Yeah, I'm a blade but you have to have sympathy for genuine paying supporters, who have to put up with this level of incompetence. 

I can't believe that people are still backing Chansiri despite the club being in such a dire situation...and i fear it's going to be a long road back...i dont think DC has any real concept of what the club means to the supporters ....

United had it right when you went up into the Premier..Life long supporters as Chairman,Manager and Captain..foreign owners are slowly killing the game...

Wasn’t it jimmy greaves that said ‘football is a funny old game?’

well times have changed and if the collective ‘we’ can’t change too I fear this city will be left behind 

sadly money is a prime requisite of the game now for success and greedy players and more so their scavaging agents are responsible 

what is also needed is an owner who either knows what they’re doing or employs the best advisors. Chansiri has seemingly failed in this latter respect and his initial master plan failed

Todays question is whether he can change direction ,eat some humble pie and move on

Can he do that ?  Personally I doubt it but if this weeks developments are supposedly positive there could be a chance but time will tell over the coming months