Will You Wear A Mask At Blades/Owls Football Matches?.

It’s being reported today that the government is going to insist that all over 18’s will have to show proof they have been double jabbed before they can attend a football stadium with a capacity over 20000.

The season doesn’t start for 2 weeks so there’s plenty of time for the usual U turn though.

On 09/07/2021 at 23:25, barry-333 said:

In my opinion the rule should be for everyone to be safe- MASKS ON ALL the game or stop the game and everyone to leave the stadium

If that's your mind set please just stay at home.

Had this discussion t’other night, my mate is planning to wear a mask all through the game. My understanding is that wearing a mask protects others but not the wearer, so if he’s wearing it around thousands of others who aren’t  what’s the point ? Another person argued that wearing a mask gives the wearer protection from infection.

Who’s right ?

14 hours ago, Ridgewalk said:

Had this discussion t’other night, my mate is planning to wear a mask all through the game. My understanding is that wearing a mask protects others but not the wearer, so if he’s wearing it around thousands of others who aren’t  what’s the point ? Another person argued that wearing a mask gives the wearer protection from infection.

Who’s right ?

Neither, they're useless.

On 28/07/2021 at 08:38, cmonkes said:

I work for the ambulance service and I have come into contact with hundreds of extremely poorly, critical and literally dying patients who tested positive for covid.....I stringently followed guidelines and I wore a mask at all times! 

To date (touch wood) I have remained completely Covid free......

It's not rocket science..... I put it as simple as this, if you don't vaccinate and you don't take precaution... don't be surprised or contradictory when you catch it. The consequences aren't merely a runny nose, this virus is non-discriminatory in terms of age, sex and overall health....It kills!

You could catch it, be non-symptomatic and then go and visit elder, vulnerable relatives....Pass it on and kill them. Live with that one on your shoulders.

If you don't want to follow guidance and take precaution, that's your choice. But whilst cases are dropping, deaths in the non-vaccinated are increasing. That is the risk that you are taking.

In the meantime.....we will simply continue to console loved ones, whilst we carry people away to hospital in knowledge that they will be lucky to return home. 

Thanks for that  cmonks you’re obviously very knowledgeable and experienced on the subject but nevertheless haven’t solved the dilemma for me. I’m doubly vaccinated and have been for some time now, I’ve had serious cardiac problems and over 65 so fall into at least vulnerable categories.

I try to keep up with all the latest risk information and act accordingly.  I’ve always followed recommended guidelines as in my opinion it would be stupid not to. 

I was under the impression that wearing a mask doesn’t offer protection but protects others, ergo if everyone wears them everyone is protected. If I’m in a large crowd of strangers, which I’m hoping to be soon at Bramall Lane and I’m wearing a mask but no one else is, does that give me any protection ?

Hope that’s clear ?

On 28/07/2021 at 08:38, cmonkes said:

I work for the ambulance service and I have come into contact with hundreds of extremely poorly, critical and literally dying patients who tested positive for covid.....I stringently followed guidelines and I wore a mask at all times! 

To date (touch wood) I have remained completely Covid free......

It's not rocket science..... I put it as simple as this, if you don't vaccinate and you don't take precaution... don't be surprised or contradictory when you catch it. The consequences aren't merely a runny nose, this virus is non-discriminatory in terms of age, sex and overall health....It kills!

You could catch it, be non-symptomatic and then go and visit elder, vulnerable relatives....Pass it on and kill them. Live with that one on your shoulders.

If you don't want to follow guidance and take precaution, that's your choice. But whilst cases are dropping, deaths in the non-vaccinated are increasing. That is the risk that you are taking.

In the meantime.....we will simply continue to console loved ones, whilst we carry people away to hospital in knowledge that they will be lucky to return home. 

Hi cmonks I’ve just read an earlier message that you wrote. It would seem that the information re: mask wearing outside and in crowds isn’t convincing either way.

On 27/07/2021 at 23:10, top4718 said:

Neither, they're useless.

Ayup top.

I appreciate this is a football message section,  so don’t answer if you don’t want to, but what would be your response to cmonks message based on his knowledge and experience ? Do you think that the  Covid 19 think is a hoax , overplayed or exaggerated ? 
cheers 

4 hours ago, Ridgewalk said:

Hi cmonks I’ve just read an earlier message that you wrote. It would seem that the information re: mask wearing outside and in crowds isn’t convincing either way.

Ayup top.

I appreciate this is a football message section,  so don’t answer if you don’t want to, but what would be your response to cmonks message based on his knowledge and experience ? Do you think that the  Covid 19 think is a hoax , overplayed or exaggerated ? 
cheers 

I know a paramedic in Sheffield that's one of the biggest anti covid individuals I've ever met, he's a member of many groups that are totally against the whole pandemic and I assume in his job he see's much more than we ever will.

Cmonkes says he saw people in various states who tested positive for covid (this happens a lot in hospitals) mostly their conditions are pre-existing at the time of infection.

The official death stats don;t back up his claims in any way, the most at risk are elderly, vulnerable or obese - thats it.

15 hours ago, top4718 said:

I know a paramedic in Sheffield that's one of the biggest anti covid individuals I've ever met, he's a member of many groups that are totally against the whole pandemic and I assume in his job he see's much more than we ever will.

Cmonkes says he saw people in various states who tested positive for covid (this happens a lot in hospitals) mostly their conditions are pre-existing at the time of infection.

The official death stats don;t back up his claims in any way, the most at risk are elderly, vulnerable or obese - thats it.

Ok thanks. Appreciate that

Guest sibon

I see that Toppanory has found a new channel on which to broadcast.

@Ridgewalk if you want to know the rest of Dr Top’s unorthodox take on Covid, there is a fairly substantial thread in General Discussions.

This being Sheffield Football, I’ll try to stay on topic.

Sheffield Wednesday manager and Dr Tops avatar, Darren Moore contracted Covid in April. He ended up with pneumonia and blood clots on his lungs. He missed the end of the season and that may have contributed to our relegation.

Moore is a fit, reasonably young, professional athlete. Have a look at some of the things that he said about Covid.

I’m off to the match in a couple of hours. I’ll be wearing my mask on the way in and out of the ground. I’ll take it off when I get to the stand. I’ll be wearing it on the concourse because it offers protection to others. It might offer me a bit of protection too, so why wouldn’t you? I’ve never worn a mask in an outdoor setting, they aren’t necessary.

Edited by sibon

Ha ha quite correct ! Dr top or whatever he’s called is clearly the country’s expert on all matters anti Covid and all other subject matters outside killamarsh

best not to encourage him me thinks

21 hours ago, Man in Crete said:

Ha ha quite correct ! Dr top or whatever he’s called is clearly the country’s expert on all matters anti Covid and all other subject matters outside killamarsh

best not to encourage him me thinks

He's made a lot of posts on a thread posted by someone he claims to have on ignore......

I think we have to keep everyone safe, so mask, gloves, visor for me at the match for everyone's safety around me

Anyone not wearing a mask will be getting a tap on the shoulder from me and woe betide anyone who doesn't have a reasonable exemption for not masking up

Be kind and tolerant is my motto

Edited by rogets