Rangers Have Signed Lundstram

Read a couple of rangers forum and most seem to be falling over themselves with glee.....some have hit the bottle early and think he’s from Sweden! A few seem to have watched some blades games and are not enamoured on last years form . 

Again let’s see how he performs against the Patrick thistles of that league . If he can’t handle them there’s always the Irish league cos he won’t ever play in our premier League again !

13 minutes ago, Man in Crete said:

Read a couple of rangers forum and most seem to be falling over themselves with glee.....some have hit the bottle early and think he’s from Sweden! A few seem to have watched some blades games and are not enamoured on last years form . 

Again let’s see how he performs against the Patrick thistles of that league . If he can’t handle them there’s always the Irish league cos he won’t ever play in our premier League again !

I expect him to be a success.  He played well for us in the first season back, then injuries and his head being turned by interest from Spurs among others led to a dip in form.  He's with one of his heroes in Gerrard, and I expect a great start.  Don't forget, the level of their Premier League (other than the top 3) is probably below Championship level. 

I said way back in  Feb/March that Lundstram would be at Rangers along with Shaw and Reach to celtic or a prem club, looks like Reach may go west to blackburn , at the 11th hour, his agents not a happy bunny, new manager syndrome up at Celtic, now Reach is scratching for a club.My heart  bleeds LOL

Edited by staninoodle

Great news, he should not have been selected for failing to sign a contract. He missed a lot of sitters on purpose in my opinion

On 05/07/2021 at 20:45, cmonkes said:

Frustrating player is Lundstram.

We picked him up from Oxford as the typical Wilder'esque signing. There was no doubt what so ever that he was raw and had bags of ability and as we grew in stature so did his performances initially.....But then the ugly side of the game reared its head and the player broke the mould so the speak, suddenly believing himself bigger than  the club.

He demanded a pay rise and threw in the ultimatum that if he didn't get it, he would look elsewhere. This was never going to go down well with Wilder and he was never going to get his demands.

The club countered with a sensible contract offer that matched his experience, but the player rejected. The arrival of Sander Berge apparently adding more to Lundstrams argument and stance......

It was frustrating that despite the unrest, we continued to invest faith in the player. He was half hearted at times and you could see that him mind was elsewhere.

Ahh well, I'm not bitter.... Good luck to him at Rangers. One thing is for certain, if he doesn't put the work rate in, he will soon feel the heat up there.

No love lost what so ever in my opinion. I would rather have an academy player that wants to play for the shirt and do well, as opposed to a bloke who doesn't was to be at the club.

Good strong TRUE words