Will We See Ramsdale In A Blades Shirt Again?.

Cant agree. He played a load of fringe players in nothing games and people are overreacting.  As for the last 2 major events you can only beat who is put in front of you.

If they get knocked out of the group in November I will be straight back here to agree with you.

Edited by HeHasRisen
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, HeHasRisen said:

Cant agree. He played a load of fringe players in nothing games and people are overreacting.  As for the last 2 major events you can only beat who is put in front of you.

If they get knocked out of the group in November I will be straight back here to agree with you.

We had most of our games at home including the final and still managed to screw it up, he's not an international calibre manager. As for beating what's in front of you he totally failed once they were even half decent teams (Croatia and Italy), I've waited all my life to see England in a major final and this clown totally ruined the occasion, I don't even want to think about that game.

It was a coin toss penalty shootout.

Didnt England beat Germany in the last tournament? Aye, minnows of European football that side....

like I said, a load of overreaction in nothing games.

6 minutes ago, HeHasRisen said:

It was a coin toss penalty shootout.

Didnt England beat Germany in the last tournament? Aye, minnows of European football that side....

like I said, a load of overreaction in nothing games.

It wasn't a great Italy side, they were there for the taking, choosing a young man who'd never taken a penalty before for the key penalty in the shoot out is a sackable offence in it's self.

i don't read anything into these National League games or friendlies, I'm basing my judgement on games against teams when it matters and he's fallen well short, for the record Germany were dreadful in the last tournament but they have a track record of learning by their mistakes.

5 minutes ago, top4718 said:

i don't read anything into these National League games or friendlies.

Ah good, we agree any opinion formed from these games then is a massive overreaction.  Excellent.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, HeHasRisen said:

Ah good, we agree any opinion formed from these games then is a massive overreaction.  Excellent.

We do agree on that but my opinion that he's a very poor manager who lacks nous isn't based on those games, I can hardly even bare to watch his negative tactics anymore.

16 hours ago, top4718 said:

England need a new manager, end of.

Southgate is currently considered to be England’s second most successful manager behind Alf Ramsey by people whose life does revolve around football. 

https://www.fourfourtwo.com/features/ranked-every-england-manager-ranked-from-worst-to-best

Come on then.  Give us a laugh.  Who do you want as the England manager? 

Edited by Baron99

1 hour ago, Baron99 said:

Southgate is currently considered to be England’s second most successful manager behind Alf Ramsey by people whose life does revolve around football. 

https://www.fourfourtwo.com/features/ranked-every-england-manager-ranked-from-worst-to-best

Come on then.  Give us a laugh.  Who do you want as the England manager? 

With the inclusion of more team in the Euro's and World Cups the passage to the later stages has got much easier, Southgate has failed as soon as his team has come up against even half decent opposition (Croatia) they were pitiful against Italy in the biggest England game of my lifetime, the stats you quote don't tell the full story, them mans a clown and we'll win nothing with him in charge, for your second question that's the FA's job.

Notice he doesnt name an alternative. 

1 hour ago, top4718 said:

With the inclusion of more team in the Euro's and World Cups the passage to the later stages has got much easier, Southgate has failed as soon as his team has come up against even half decent opposition (Croatia) they were pitiful against Italy in the biggest England game of my lifetime, the stats you quote don't tell the full story, them mans a clown and we'll win nothing with him in charge, for your second question that's the FA's job.

Trouble is today you don't have to win owt for the folk to call you successful,

I also think we haven't had a great side since 66,they talk about Gerrard,L ampard,Terry and Rooney being out Holden era,gold medals are for 1st place,66 was the last time we came1st.

1 hour ago, ukdobby said:

Trouble is today you don't have to win owt for the folk to call you successful,

I also think we haven't had a great side since 66,they talk about Gerrard,L ampard,Terry and Rooney being out Holden era,gold medals are for 1st place,66 was the last time we came1st.

Sadly true that so called golden generation really disappointed. Robson and Venebles were both very unlucky not to get to finals, I'm convinced that had we got there in Italia '90 we'd have won it.

Might be interesting to see the side which should be picked ie how does sterling saka etc get in?

only need to look  at wales and see the individuals that  have worked under a motivational managerial team to see how you can sometimes see a side of potential misfits gelling 

no passsion in England at the moment and some can’t sing the national anthem 

all our lot care about is the money?