Will We See Ramsdale In A Blades Shirt Again?.

I know Ramsdale had a good end to the season but £30mil !!!!! Really?

6 hours ago, atticus said:

I vaguely remember in my youth a very young goalkeeper playing well and his team getting relegated that season.  He was well thought of, stayed with the club and was in their team that got promoted back to the top division the following season.  Anybody remember Leicester City keeper Peter Shilton?  Didn't do too badly, did he?

How many teams have sold their goalkeeper just before the season started and got promoted that season?  I can't think of one.

Methinks we should keep him for at least this season.  Our best chance of going up is this season, so we need as many of our best players as possible.

13 hours ago, atticus said:

Yup £30m! You could buy 30 Barry Bannan ‘s for that or the entire Wednesday team, reserves ,the lot even the golden elephant 

If we get offered 30mil I can't see how we can turn it down, thats a good profit in a year and will ease the financial pressure on the club that relegation inevitably brings.

That said, do i want him to go- of course not.

If we sold him and Berge, it would ease finances - yes - but who would be able to buy as replacements as the prices would clearly rise as its well known we'd have money to spend.  No, sell them and expect to stay in the Championship for the foreseeable future.

4 hours ago, Man in Crete said:

Yup £30m! You could buy 30 Barry Bannan ‘s for that or the entire Wednesday team, reserves ,the lot even the golden elephant 

There's only one Barry Bannan....just don't think you understand...

4 hours ago, scottf said:

If we get offered 30mil I can't see how we can turn it down, thats a good profit in a year and will ease the financial pressure on the club that relegation inevitably brings.

That said, do i want him to go- of course not.

Seen as we would have struggled to get ten bob for him at Christmas i think £30mil is something you've got to look at very seriously.

13 hours ago, atticus said:

Seen as we would have struggled to get ten bob for him at Christmas i think £30mil is something you've got to look at very seriously.

Agree, we  couldn't match the wages or ambition if it's a genuine offer, I'd say anything over £32m and let him go, if he stayed and  reached full potential he's worth £50m,  If!.

Go to palace and get Butland

Looking at some of the comments from Arsenal fans on the BBC website regarding the sale of Ramsdale to them, many don't seemed that chuffed to have him & see him as a liability rather than an asset.  The consensus is the Blades have been the ones wearing the 'Big glasses' & have seen Arsenal coming in getting them to 'waste' £24 million on buying Ramsdale. 

For whatever reason, its not worked out for us or Ramsdale so to off load him for a reported £24 million, which could rise to a reportedly £30 million, if Ramsdale eventually becomes Arsenal's No. 1, plus the saving on his wages, that's a good bit of business for the Blades. 

https://www.skysports.com/amp/football/news/11670/12385007/aaron-ramsdale-arsenal-sign-sheffield-united-goalkeeper-on-long-term-deal#aoh=16295205266424&referrer=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.google.com&amp_tf=From %1%24s

Now all we need is to find a decent Championship keeper? 

Wes Foderingham and Michael Verrips are going to be given 2 games each apparently to prove themselves & become the first choice keeper.  If neither come up to the mark, Jokanovic is going to look to bringing someone else in. 

Edited by Baron99

4 hours ago, Baron99 said:

Looking at some of the comments from Arsenal fans on the BBC website regarding the sale of Ramsdale to them, many don't seemed that chuffed to have him & see him as a liability rather than an asset.  The consensus is the Blades have been the ones wearing the 'Big glasses' & have seen Arsenal coming in getting them to 'waste' £24 million on buying Ramsdale. 

For whatever reason, its not worked out for us or Ramsdale so to off load him for a reported £24 million, which could rise to a reportedly £30 million, if Ramsdale eventually becomes Arsenal's No. 1, plus the saving on his wages, that's a good bit of business for the Blades. 

https://www.skysports.com/amp/football/news/11670/12385007/aaron-ramsdale-arsenal-sign-sheffield-united-goalkeeper-on-long-term-deal#aoh=16295205266424&referrer=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.google.com&amp_tf=From %1%24s

Now all we need is to find a decent Championship keeper? 

Wes Foderingham and Michael Verrips are going to be given 2 games each apparently to prove themselves & become the first choice keeper.  If neither come up to the mark, Jokanovic is going to look to bringing someone else in. 

Butland sat on the bench at palace,  went there for £1m, get him in!

11 hours ago, pintor said:

Butland sat on the bench at palace,  went there for £1m, get him in!

Nowhere near the keeper he was - regular mistakes at Stoke.  I expect Foderingham to be the keeper for us this season.

Edited by Thirsty Relic
spelling mistake