Forty eight years ago today Mrs Rose at the Park Hotel Hillsborough gave my wife and I a wedding reception buffet fit for a King. Is the hotel still open and is Mrs Rose still around. 

We live between Leicester and Coventry now so don't get up much. 

Yes, now known as "The Park" it's still going strong - see link below to the Facebook page. I had my first legal pint in the Park Hotel on 6 April 1966. My goodness - am I as old as that?! 😉

https://www.facebook.com/TheParkHillsborough/

Remember the only time I ever went in there, probably around 1983/4

I had been on a training run with a group of lads from Wednesday's training ground on Middlewood Road.

We walked through the door and couldn't see the other side of the room for fag smoke

We all turned round and walked out

Tom and Norma Dickins ran the Park Hotel in the 60s.

Used to go in the Park Hotel in late seventies/early eighties some right characters in the Tap room, Bert Hill the well know patient from Middlewood Hospital used to entertain us and run bets for the price of a drink. 

i used to live at the Park Hotel 1946 to 52 ,my mum Mary Howson was housekeeper and barmaid for Mr. Bunting untill the pub was taken over by Mr Tom Dickens ,i used to teach Toms son how to play football on the bowling green till tom shouted at us .I also worked there as barman during the world cup in 66 .I also have a bar gas lighter from when the pub was modernised when mr Bunting retired