Fuel Calculators?

I have to work out milage for my carers, and the F/C just seem wrong: for 120 miles in a Renaualt Captor on two different sites, (please don't ask how she has one of these!) it comes to 12  pounds, just cant be right

Edited by gamezone07

Do you think its too high or too low? Doesn’t sound too bad to me. 10p a mile

16 hours ago, gamezone07 said:

I have to work out milage for my carers, and the F/C just seem wrong: for 120 miles in a Renaualt Captor on two different sites, (please don't ask how she has one of these!) it comes to 12  pounds, just cant be right

I assume you are using your personal car for employer business and are questioning only getting £12 back for covering 120 miles?

if that's the case then yes, £12 is way off. Been a while since i had to do this but according to the Gov website its £0.45 per mile (caveats permitting).

Got to admit i found your question/statement(?) quite difficult to decipher and still not completely sure i have understood fully!

Yes I would have thought mid 30 or higher pence per mile would be a going rate

19 hours ago, gamezone07 said:

The fuel calcs online tend to only calculate the cost of the fuel only. 

I've just run one for the vehicle you mentioned, making the assumption that it's a common 1.5 diesel model and got £11.73 @ 126.8p/litre over 120 miles.

45p per mile is the tax-free approved mileage allowance for the first 10,000 miles in the financial year – it's 25p per mile thereafter. If a business chooses to pay employees an amount towards the mileage costs, these reimbursements are called 'Mileage Allowance Payments' (MAPs).

However if they are using their personal car and being paid by business for that use then they should also be informing their insurance.