Tramlines Confirmed To Go Ahead

The Washington pub has announced their plans for Tramlines fringe https://fb.me/e/AHqCBPkt

210372007_10159839315622137_291994957808

Edited by Andy C

This is ALL dependent on Government policy re July 19th. NOTHING is set in stone about that yet, and won't be until nearer the day. 

1 hour ago, goldenfleece said:

This is ALL dependent on Government policy re July 19th. NOTHING is set in stone about that yet, and won't be until nearer the day. 

Indeed, the vast majority of the pub events are with the caveat of Covid restrictions being lifted, the official Tramlines festival is going ahead regardless as part of the government test event programme.

Will be interesting to see what Boris will be announcing on tonight's news conference.

I see Richard Ashcroft has pulled out as he has objections to it being Government test event.. 

Edited by Sheridan1-0

19 minutes ago, Sheridan1-0 said:

I see Richard Ashcroft has pulled out as he has objections to it being Government test event.. 

If its after the 19th then surely test event status wont actually be needed?

That's really really poor on his part.

Wonder if he had been on phone with Ian Brown ..your go to pop star for covid related nonsense

1 hour ago, butlers said:

That's really really poor on his part.

Wonder if he had been on phone with Ian Brown ..your go to pop star for covid related nonsense

Maybe but even poorer on Tramlines part if they have known for over a week and a half and not told anyone about it.

Well done Richard Ashcroft.

2 hours ago, top4718 said:

Well done Richard Ashcroft.

Even if you were a big fan of his and had spent a lot of money primarily to watch him? (I wouldn't personally but he does seem to have a following) 

In my view (as someone who went to more gigs in 2019 than there were days in the year) he's made himself look a right numpty. 

He Sticking with his "the drugs don't work, They just make you worse"

"All restrictions dropped after the 19th but we are still having test events anyway"

Whole thing is a nonsence, can easily see why he has bailed.

2 hours ago, HeHasRisen said:

"All restrictions dropped after the 19th but we are still having test events anyway"

Whole thing is a nonsence, can easily see why he has bailed.

It meant the festival could go ahead regardless of whether restrictions get lifted on the 19th July or not. Had they not had the safety net of being a test event then it would have been cancelled months ago. I believe the main purpose of it still being a test event is to prove that festivals are safe going forward.

There does seem to be a lack of bigger picture thinking though - for example they are controlling who is coming into the festival site and mixing together but not who is on the trams and buses to the festival!