Is Owt Happening Down At Bramall Lane

I mean its threadbare Int it , no headlines , no news , no comings or gooings despite all these multi million pound stars destined for big clubs or so the rumor  mongers say ,  Has this  foreign manager owt to say on't club ,   will his Royal Highness dig deep (within the that rules has has to be expected of the championship clubs of course ). Perhaps United are just holding their cards close to the chest and will spring big news on us Shefield togga fans  when we are least expecting it   , eh !!((!(!!!.....

Edited by cuttsie

It's all about Dem Blades on here......

3 minutes ago, cuttsie said:

I mean its threadbare Int it , no headlines , no news , no comings or gooings despite all these multi million pound stars destined for big clubs or so the rumor  mongers say ,  Has this  foreign manager owt to say on't club ,   will his Royal Highness dig deep (within the that rules has has to be expected of the championship clubs of course ). Perhaps United are just holding their cards close to the chest and will spring big news on us Shefield togga fans  when we are least expecting it   , eh !!((!(!!!.....

Take thee dog darn there an see if thy can see owt gowin on and let us know!!!!

Not been since Yorkshire licked Australians  thats before ground got pinched  from Sheffield and Yorkshire cricket lovers .

Just now, cuttsie said:

Not been since Yorkshire licked Australians  thats before ground got pinched  from Sheffield and Yorkshire cricket lovers .

here we go ,cuttsie you carry on rambling pal,it's obvious you are upset so i will leave you to it and watch something interesting like opal hunters on quest!!!!!!

13 minutes ago, cuttsie said:

The would be 53 years ago tomorrow......Boycott 86 runs...........Trueman 3 wickets......

Got in for nowt after 4pm on way home from work. 

Getting back to the point of the OP...... our new manager is at the Euro's, checking out talent.... that may be available and willing to play in the 2nd tier of English football (for a year at least!).... on loan perhaps?

I wouldn't be surprised at a deal between us and a top European team selling/loaning one of our star players and buying/getting on loan one of theirs in return.  It may not happen now, but cards may be being marked for future reference. 

Can't fault it!

7 hours ago, cuttsie said:

Got in for nowt after 4pm on way home from work. 

Just like Wednesday, won't pay.

The things you remember......

In the late 60s/early 70s my neighbour a few doors down was a wonderful old boy called Mr Vincent. He was a shareholder at BL and carried a silver oval shareholder disc on his watch-chain at all times.  This got him in to all the matches free AND he could take two people in with him. He offered regularly to take my dad & I. In those days we stood at the John Street corner flag in amongst the travelling fans. As we approached the turnstile there was always an orderly queue of small boys waiting to get in free. They knew all about the shareholders rule and you'd see people with discs approach, nod to the first couple of lads and they'd go in.  So innocent. These days people would be a bit iffy about their kids going into a game with a complete stranger, but we never saw that side of thinking. It never occurred to us. 

Incidentally, talking of standing with visiting fans, I was only ever worried twice. Once was when a group of Everton youths surrounded me in the toilets wanting money (dad arrived and they scarpered) and the other time was Chelsea fans who just took a swing at anyone in red and white. Expected trouble with Millwall and Man U thugs, but maybe they kept that for the city centre after the game because we never saw anything in the ground.

13 hours ago, Thirsty Relic said:

Getting back to the point of the OP...... our new manager is at the Euro's, checking out talent.... that may be available and willing to play in the 2nd tier of English football (for a year at least!).... on loan perhaps?

I wouldn't be surprised at a deal between us and a top European team selling/loaning one of our star players and buying/getting on loan one of theirs in return.  It may not happen now, but cards may be being marked for future reference. 

Can't fault it!

"Star players" don't have dreadful season's like your last one.

Guest sibon
15 hours ago, Alextopman said:

The would be 53 years ago tomorrow......Boycott 86 runs...........Trueman 3 wickets......

I wasn’t at the Australian game, but I was at both days of the Roses match in 73.  Nobody got very many.

It was a lovely cricket ground. Ruined😀