Cristiano Ronaldo

So a burning question.Is Cristiano Ronaldo really one of the best footballers of all time.? From what I've seen of the euros the answer to that is NO!!!Why do I say this...well in my opinion they only scraped through to knockouts because if it wasn't for France handing them those penalty's and Germany getting lucky then they wouldn't have even got to the knockouts.All Ronaldo does is Bogline he doesn't work as hard as the rest of the players he might as well get a recliner put it in the vicinity of the goal,pop his Moët and wait for the ball to come to him so he can attempt to score and take the glory from the others who have put in all the work.Also I'm sick of the commentators only mentioning him there's 10 other  team players on that pitch who must be sick of the fact they don't get the praise they deserve.In my eyes if it wasn't for Ronaldo being a selfish and arrogant player and he became more of a team player who put in as much work as the others then Portugal would have stood a chance of getting through.So Ronaldo if your listening...You are not God...You do have teammates...To win is a joint effort...There is other parts of the pitch that you can run on,not just where the goal is...And if you paid more attention to the game rather than watching yourself on the screen then you never know !!!!!

22 minutes ago, Straighttalker said:

So a burning question.Is Cristiano Ronaldo really one of the best footballers of all time.? From what I've seen of the euros the answer to that is NO!!!Why do I say this...well in my opinion they only scraped through to knockouts because if it wasn't for France handing them those penalty's and Germany getting lucky then they wouldn't have even got to the knockouts.All Ronaldo does is Bogline he doesn't work as hard as the rest of the players he might as well get a recliner put it in the vicinity of the goal,pop his Moët and wait for the ball to come to him so he can attempt to score and take the glory from the others who have put in all the work.Also I'm sick of the commentators only mentioning him there's 10 other  team players on that pitch who must be sick of the fact they don't get the praise they deserve.In my eyes if it wasn't for Ronaldo being a selfish and arrogant player and he became more of a team player who put in as much work as the others then Portugal would have stood a chance of getting through.So Ronaldo if your listening...You are not God...You do have teammates...To win is a joint effort...There is other parts of the pitch that you can run on,not just where the goal is...And if you paid more attention to the game rather than watching yourself on the screen then you never know !!!!!

Yeah  you called this right too...

He has never been a team player at all I still remember when Portugal won the European championships he claimed that he was injured and came off in the final because they were losing funnily the Portugal team played better without Ronaldo and took the lead....

He suddenly appeared from being injured stretchered off to standing in the technical area giving out orders to the rest of the team playing...

When Portugal won the final he was running around celebrating....

He didn’t want to be associated with a losing team he’s horrible he’s often seen complaining to his teammates or making gestures that his fellow teammates are useless!!!!!

He was but now passed his best,lost some pace,let’s face it a lot of his goals are penalties.

How many top footballers have been playing for their country for the last 18 years, amassed 179 caps, scored 109 goals and are still selected for important matches in major competitions at the age of 36?  There was one breakaway in that match that showed he's still got pace, as Portugal broke away after being under pressure for a while, and it was Ronaldo who broke at pace to join the breakaway, leaving a defender in his wake.  He's still got the pace, but only in short spells.  That he's still playing at this level at his age is a remarkable testament to how he's looked after his body.   How many of the current England players would you think will still be playing regularly for England at 36 years old?

Listen to any of his ex-teammates and they'll tell you how much and how hard he's always trained.  Is he finished?  People thought that when he left Real Madrid for Juventus, for a record fee.  Now, at 36, many teams (including Manchester United by the way) are trying to sign him for a BIG fee, and on BIG wages.

Without doubt, one of the best ever footballers. 

Is he past his best?  Maybe, but what a player he STILL is!

23 minutes ago, Thirsty Relic said:

How many top footballers have been playing for their country for the last 18 years, amassed 179 caps, scored 109 goals and are still selected for important matches in major competitions at the age of 36?  There was one breakaway in that match that showed he's still got pace, as Portugal broke away after being under pressure for a while, and it was Ronaldo who broke at pace to join the breakaway, leaving a defender in his wake.  He's still got the pace, but only in short spells.  That he's still playing at this level at his age is a remarkable testament to how he's looked after his body.   How many of the current England players would you think will still be playing regularly for England at 36 years old?

Listen to any of his ex-teammates and they'll tell you how much and how hard he's always trained.  Is he finished?  People thought that when he left Real Madrid for Juventus, for a record fee.  Now, at 36, many teams (including Manchester United by the way) are trying to sign him for a BIG fee, and on BIG wages.

Without doubt, one of the best ever footballers. 

Is he past his best?  Maybe, but what a player he STILL is!

Good post Thirsty, spot on,

Couldn't have put it any better.

4 hours ago, ukdobby said:

He was but now passed his best,lost some pace,let’s face it a lot of his goals are penalties.

14 of 109 international goals were pens.

Compare to Harry Kane - 10 pens in his first 34 goals for England.

I'm talking about this championship.

6 hours ago, Padders said:

There's no doubt he's looked after himself that's not what I was saying.My point is he's not a team player he waits in the goal area majority of the time waiting for the ball to come to him.Yes he does a bit of running up and down but nine times out of ten you can find him near the goal area.No disputing the fact at 36 he's still playing where many wouldn't be but it's his attitude I mean throwing the captain's armband on the floor and kicking it away is disrespectful.Hes a very sore loser and as anyone else noticed that at times when any of his other teammates score whether it be for his club or country he very rarely goes and congratulates them.To me that's not what a team player does.

16 hours ago, Box11 said:

Yeah  you called this right too...

He has never been a team player at all I still remember when Portugal won the European championships he claimed that he was injured and came off in the final because they were losing funnily the Portugal team played better without Ronaldo and took the lead....

He suddenly appeared from being injured stretchered off to standing in the technical area giving out orders to the rest of the team playing...

When Portugal won the final he was running around celebrating....

He didn’t want to be associated with a losing team he’s horrible he’s often seen complaining to his teammates or making gestures that his fellow teammates are useless!!!!!

Quite right you are Box 11.At least there's someone out there that sees what's really going on with him.Yes he's 36 yes he looks after himself but that doesn't make you a nice person or a team player.

10 hours ago, Longcol said:

14 of 109 international goals were pens.

Compare to Harry Kane - 10 pens in his first 34 goals for England.

I did see a stat not too long ago that said 40% of his international goals were against, to put it bluntly, eight absolutely atrocious European nations.

Flat track bully.

2 good games tonight.

22 hours ago, Padders said:

I agree,  well said- saved me from having to give my view but share it with Thirsty...have drink on me.

If you have 12 seconds to spare…