Cafe That Was Just Off The Snake Pass?

Does anyone remember a little Cafe that was on the side of the Snake Pass,

it would have been there upto about the early 2000's, it was like a little prefab or woody

cabin with only a few tables.

My gut feeling is it was around the Snake Pass Inn, in a woody section of the road, but maybe

I'm wrong and it was more in the Yorkshire side of the Snake. 

My friend doesn't believe me but i'm sure there was.

Edited by OliverG

Only one I can remember was in a car park opposite the western arm of Ladybower.

There was one on the north side of the A57 between Wyming Brook and Hollow Meadows.Its site is now part of the nearby private property,It was used mainly by cyclists snd walkers

We used to stop there for a cup of tea. I think there were a couple of swing boats as well.

Thanks all, yes that's one I was actually thinking about Blackburnrod

Edited by OliverG

It was on the right (heading towards Moscar) at the latter end of the S-bend, after the dams. I've tried to locate the old entrance when passing, but seems obliterated.

I remember back in the early1970's when I attended Stannington college, one of our lecturers Jim Biford I think his name was lived at a cafe on the Snake Pass. Presumably this cafe had a house attached or close by. He used to tell us he had a shotgun and when any undesirables were around after dark, a warning shot in the air soon made them disappear!

This was just past the Norfolk Arms.  The house (a newish one) was just out of sight over the embankment.  The cafe was on part of the land attached to it and rented out by the owner.  Another house has now been built on it.

Snake Pass doesn't start until Ladybower.

1 hour ago, Longcol said:

Snake Pass doesn't start until Ladybower.

And your point is?

The op has agreed the cafe in question was before ladybower.

I have fond memories of cycling as a child with my father. 
We cycled every Sunday from Hillsborough up the rivelin valley, past ladybower, and on to Castleton and back.

The cafe was a welcome break after the uphill climb from the junction of Rivelin valley road and Manchester road.

I new it as “Swingley” (probably a name invented by Dad) when I needed encouragement to get up the hill.

I believe at one time there were swingboats on the site or nearby, maybe that's where he got the name "swingley"

There were swingboats on the left side of the site (can't remember whether there were more than one) as in my earlier post.