Helium (Hnt) Mining

Cannot be bothered . Not tech savvy , just hoped someone could explain to me in simple terms 

Just took the plunge and ordered a Linxdot hotspot, estimated delivery in December. Hope I've not already missed the boat on this one... Coverage in Sheffield seems to be steadily increasing and there's a few hotspots near me, some earning around 7 HNT in the last 30 days. Interested to see how it works out, and at the end of the day it's not a massive outlay. How's it gone for those who are already mining?

17 hours ago, hackey lad said:

Cannot be bothered . Not tech savvy , just hoped someone could explain to me in simple terms 

Am sure Sam could go in to far more accurate detail; but from what I can tell (based on exceptionally scant research, so I maybe talking out of my ass), it's a network of long-range wifi devices (believe it's called long-fi?) that facilitate data communications between devices that connect to the network. It's an implementation of 'The Internet of Things' (connected smart devices).

In order to persuade people to run these long-range wifi devices, people are rewarded with HNT tokens, a tradable crypto currency.

3 hours ago, Waldo said:

Am sure Sam could go in to far more accurate detail; but from what I can tell (based on exceptionally scant research, so I maybe talking out of my ass), it's a network of long-range wifi devices (believe it's called long-fi?) that facilitate data communications between devices that connect to the network. It's an implementation of 'The Internet of Things' (connected smart devices).

In order to persuade people to run these long-range wifi devices, people are rewarded with HNT tokens, a tradable crypto currency.

Thank you . Glad I didnt google it , I have no idea what you wrote but thanks anyway .

On 31/08/2021 at 14:32, stophe79 said:

Just took the plunge and ordered a Linxdot hotspot, estimated delivery in December. Hope I've not already missed the boat on this one... Coverage in Sheffield seems to be steadily increasing and there's a few hotspots near me, some earning around 7 HNT in the last 30 days. Interested to see how it works out, and at the end of the day it's not a massive outlay. How's it gone for those who are already mining?

Hi, Welcome to the party. We have a local facebook group of miners in Yorkshire, we aim to help each other out and maximise our earnings. If you want to send me a friend request (Sam Lovatt), I'll invite you. Its a good community, all very helpful. My two units are up and running with external antennas.

On 31/08/2021 at 15:24, Waldo said:

Couldn't have put it better myself. If i am honest, if you're not tech savvy, then this probably isn't for you.

In my original post I mentioned that Sheffield had 4 hotspots on the network, this is now over 30 and growing daily. Any of those people on here?

How do you actually earn ?
Is it by scamming other folk ?

20 hours ago, Mossway said:

It doesn't look like a scam to me; currently, the token is ranked #62, and market cap approx £1.4b. Long term prospects, hard to say; the technology could fail or be superseded by a competitor.

People earn by running these long-fi devices; I've not looked too deeply, and looks like the network uses an unusual consensus mechanism, but essentially you'll earn NHT tokens as long as you have long-fi devices connected to the network. You can then trade these HNT tokens on an exchange, either for other crypto currencies (Ether, Bitcoin, etc) or regular fiat currency (USD, GBP).

It's not really scamming other people; I'd imagine, the main ways this kind of thing can be a scam, is if it's one perpetuated by the folks at the top of the food chain, who created the thing etc. Haven't seen anything that would suggest Helium is a scam, but as an example, if you see anything like the following, run a mile!

Edited by Waldo

On 17/09/2021 at 20:20, Mossway said:

Yep, thats exactly what happens

Helium HNT seems to be doing fantastic price wise. Really tempted to get a miner now!

Appreciate advice on maximising mining rewards, position location of device, type of device etc. Feel free to share or PM me Sam.