The White Lane Wanderer

I would like to thank the two ladies whom, I believe, looked after my father-in-law ''George'' after they took him to their home upon finding him walking in a place of danger at White Lane near Gleadless Townend on Tuesday 22 June . . . We have tried to get further info regarding his care but, as with all things dementia, it is far from easy . . . If this was indeed the case, any advice forthcoming to prevent a recurrence could possibly be of help . . . Absolute thanks one again . . . 

Hi it was me and a friend who helped your dad while others drove past him it was a pleasure to meet him and help him i hope he's doing well x

54 minutes ago, becky1992x said:

Hi it was me and a friend who helped your dad while others drove past him it was a pleasure to meet him and help him i hope he's doing well x

That's was a nice thing you did. Well done 👍

I'm not sure why you felt the need to try and shame others for not stopping but whatever. Ah well, like I said though we'll done 👏

Because they herald abuse at a venerable man and pre judged him they would rather almost hit him in the middle of a busy road than help him !!!

Don't gas light me your comment was unnecessary .  

Edited by becky1992x

What, every person who drove past and didnt stop herald [sic] abuse at him?

Edited by HeHasRisen

On 24/06/2021 at 13:03, primemover70 said:

I would like to thank the two ladies whom, I believe, looked after my father-in-law ''George'' after they took him to their home upon finding him walking in a place of danger at White Lane near Gleadless Townend on Tuesday 22 June . . . We have tried to get further info regarding his care but, as with all things dementia, it is far from easy . . . If this was indeed the case, any advice forthcoming to prevent a recurrence could possibly be of help . . . Absolute thanks one again . . . 

Yea 5 cars almost hit him and called him all sorts of awful names for him just trying to get help of them . They pre judged him instantly !  

1 hour ago, becky1992x said:

Yea 5 cars almost hit him and called him all sorts of awful names for him just trying to get help of them . They pre judged him instantly !  

Like you prejudged me when you accused me of gaslighting? 

I wasn't by the way, I just didn't see the value of your judgement of others. You did a good thing, why spoil it? 

You made the comment to me 1st why did i feel need to say people drove by that's my choice ! You did gas light text book start off nice then a sly comment when you could have kept your comment to your self . You wasn't  there u didn't see how awful people where to this gent and how distressed he was you have no idea at all why i stated what i did I've spent all week up set with how this man was treated and spent all week trying to find put if he was okay i spent over an hour calming the gent down untill an ambulance came why its okay to drive by some one on the middle of white lane busy 8am traffic is beyond me ! 

This man needed kindness not called all sorts of names .

Edited by becky1992x

51 minutes ago, becky1992x said:

You made the comment to me 1st why did i feel need to say people drove by that's my choice ! You did gas light text book start off nice then a sly comment when you could have kept your comment to your self . You wasn't  there u didn't see how awful people where to this gent and how distressed he was you have no idea at all why i stated what i did I've spent all week up set with how this man was treated and spent all week trying to find put if he was okay i spent over an hour calming the gent down untill an ambulance came why its okay to drive by some one on the middle of white lane busy 8am traffic is beyond me ! 

This man needed kindness not called all sorts of names .

No I didn't. 

You can say I did as much as you like, that doesn't make it so. 

Like I've already said. You did a good thing, why spoil it. 

Anyway I've said my piece. You have a lovely evening 👍

3 hours ago, becky1992x said:

Thank you becky1992x, that was a very kind act you did.

I can only imagine how terrifying it must have been for the elderly gentlemen to be in that situation, but you took him home and kept him comfortable until an ambulance arrived.

On behalf of us all, thank you and God bless 😘

You helped him love. You don't need to justify yourself to anybody else. Well done. 🙂👍

Edited by drolnhoj

Well done Becky1992x,

Just wish there were more people like you..

Many time's I've staggered home from the Lane Top Club, sometimes finishing up in the gutter, staring at the stars.

Nobody has ever come to my aid.