Where's The Fairness.?

As this primarily affects women's sports, perhaps we should let women sort out this thorny issue. 

There has to be some sort of rule around this kind of thing, surely?

Otherwise what's to stop a guy just going "I'm a woman now, and I'm competing" and then going back to being a guy when it's all finished?

The vast majority of people, men and women, know that this is wrong but many pro-trans activists, who are relatively small in number and largely on Twitter, are extremely motivated and vocal manipulators and bullies who know that most people find being accused of being a bigot or a "transphobe" psychologically crippling, so they play on this to keep most people quiet to avoid the hassle.

If this guy/girl gets totally hammered by a girl/girl does this show how the women’s game has improved, or that the guy/girl is crap, just a thought?

I recall during my working life that a girl/guy staff member asked me if her/his transgenderism made any difference to our working with each other. I replied “not unless they make it compulsory”, she/he stared at me and than burst out laughing.

3 hours ago, Norbert said:

As this primarily affects women's sports, perhaps we should let women sort out this thorny issue. 

Definately not!  Men have to accept that women have equal say in sports that are predominantly male: indeed, male icons are recruited to "push" the female versions of male sports so they get equal coverage in the media, despite not having the support elsewhere.  I think its time that men pushed for an equal say in traditionally female sports.  Lets have gender-equal panels judge what rules women should follow in their sports.

51 minutes ago, Thirsty Relic said:

I think its time that men pushed for an equal say in traditionally female sports.  Lets have gender-equal panels judge what rules women should follow in their sports.

Why don't we let people who are passionately interested and involved in certain sports work to set the rules, and not people with wider agendas to push. 

8 minutes ago, Norbert said:

Why don't we let people who are passionately interested and involved in certain sports work to set the rules, and not people with wider agendas to push. 

Because there are very many passionate people who are involved with these sports who push these agendas that are very much at odds with the public.  Top European football people passionately pushed the European Super League, and it only got stopped due to public pressure.  Passionate minorities end up changing rules and ultimately ruining sports for the majority.

Following the title of this thread, the Olympics are turning into a joke for other reasons as well - witness the high jumpers who decided they'd have a gold medal each instead of continuing competing!  Ridiculous!

20 minutes ago, Thirsty Relic said:

Because there are very many passionate people who are involved with these sports who push these agendas that are very much at odds with the public.  Top European football people passionately pushed the European Super League, and it only got stopped due to public pressure.  Passionate minorities end up changing rules and ultimately ruining sports for the majority.

Following the title of this thread, the Olympics are turning into a joke for other reasons as well - witness the high jumpers who decided they'd have a gold medal each instead of continuing competing!  Ridiculous!

I totally agree Mr Thirsty! :thumbsup:

As no-one actually 'won' then maybe they should have been given a silver medal each instead of a gold?

I wonder if they might have continued then?

Complete farce with competitors making their own rules up!

What next... two boxers in a final refusing to hit each other? Give them both a gold medal... :rant:

41 minutes ago, Thirsty Relic said:

I fully support the medal sharing of the two high jumpers, they’re not performing monkeys forced to jump and jump until one or both sustain injury at a height they thought they simply could not do. It may have been better for them to both get 50% gold/silver alloy medal though.

People passionate about women’s weightlifting and people passionate about allowing trans contestants in women’s weightlifting are two different groups. If by some remote chance the latter come to dominate, the sport will split anyway. The data is not in yet on the advantages trans athletes gain, but when it soon is I’m sure sense will prevail. In my opinion data will show trans athletes have a distinct advantage whatever their current testosterone level and trans events will be separate, more medals for everyone in that case.

35 minutes ago, Mr Bloke said:

I totally agree Mr Thirsty! :thumbsup:

As no-one actually 'won' then maybe they should have been given a silver medal each instead of a gold?

I wonder if they might have continued then?

Complete farce with competitors making their own rules up!

What next... two boxers in a final refusing to hit each other? Give them both a gold medal... :rant:

You have seen the written rules for the Olympic high jump then?

Allow me to educate you:

https://www.worldathletics.org/download/download?filename=0400178d-ce56-43ff-aa9c-6b4433aafcea.pdf&urlslug=Competition

Read the bit in green on Page 164.

Edited by HeHasRisen

1 hour ago, HeHasRisen said:

You have seen the written rules for the Olympic high jump then?

Allow me to educate you:

https://www.worldathletics.org/download/download?filename=0400178d-ce56-43ff-aa9c-6b4433aafcea.pdf&urlslug=Competition

Read the bit in green on Page 164.

Hmmm... :huh:

... I realise that it may come as a bit of a surprise to some, but unlike yourself, I am not fully up to speed with the written rules for the Olympic high jump.

Thanks for sharing your impressive Google talents, but I don't see the need to educate myself on this one as I really can't see me competing in such an event in the near future... :roll: