Where's The Fairness.?

51 minutes ago, Mr Bloke said:

Hmmm... :huh:

... I realise that it may come as a bit of a surprise to some, but unlike yourself, I am not fully up to speed with the written rules for the Olympic high jump.

Thanks for sharing your impressive Google talents, but I don't see the need to educate myself on this one as I really can't see me competing in such an event in the near future... :roll:

I wasnt the one claiming they had made rules up. Apology accepted 😘

Edited by HeHasRisen

I really don't think this is fair. Men are much stronger than women and I think it gives them an unfair and sometimes dangerous advantage. Physical sports should be separate for men and women.

On 22/06/2021 at 01:00, Straighttalker said:

Having just heard the news regarding Laurel Hubbard the transgender athlete who's been selected for the Olympics I must say how disappointed I am.Dont get me wrong I'm all for equal rights and I don't accept any discrimination of any kind but can someone tell me how this is fair.Not only will she have an unfair advantage on the other athletes but my main issue is the case of Castor Semenya the fantastic athlete who was scrutinised and her private life was made very public with regards to her genetics.Something I might add that is totally out of her control.You can't help what your born with and she had no say in it which is why I'm  writing this as I feel she as been treated appallingly, especially given that Laurel Hubbard is praised for being the first transgender athlete to go to the Olympics which is great in a sense but what about Castor who was hounded and ridiculed for her looks and people said awful things about her which I find disgraceful.So if we are all getting behind Laurel then why didn't anybody get behind Castor.In my eyes she was a fantastic athlete and other athletes who had a problem with her were just jealous.So the question is Where's the fairness ?

Hubbard lost and is now out of the Olympics 

On 02/08/2021 at 15:36, HeHasRisen said:

You have seen the written rules for the Olympic high jump then?

Allow me to educate you:

https://www.worldathletics.org/download/download?filename=0400178d-ce56-43ff-aa9c-6b4433aafcea.pdf&urlslug=Competition

Read the bit in green on Page 164.

The bit in green on Page 170 is the relevant bit

9 minutes ago, Jim Hardie said:

The bit in green on Page 170 is the relevant bit

Its page 164 of the PDF document, stop being pedantic.

9 minutes ago, HeHasRisen said:

Its page 164 of the PDF document, stop being pedantic.

I wasn’t being pedantic. I was making a clarification for anyone looking at Page 164 and wondering wtf?

Yes, most people would have used the scrollbar or the navigation tools to navigate to page 164 of the PDF 😂

Edited by HeHasRisen

4 minutes ago, HeHasRisen said:

Yes, most people would have used the scrollbar or the navigation tools to navigate to page 164 of the PDF 😂

I think most people would have very little interest in doing either! :hihi:

2 minutes ago, Mr Bloke said:

I think most people would have very little interest in doing either! :hihi:

You could just admit you were wrong you know, it wont kill you 🥰

12 minutes ago, HeHasRisen said:

You could just admit you were wrong you know, it wont kill you 🥰

Oh dear! :roll:

If it really means that much to you...

... then I have absolutely no intention of doing so! :hihi:

^^^^is that a post that doesn't start off with "Hmmm...."?

Mark the date, folks!

On 02/08/2021 at 12:29, crookesey said:

If this guy/girl gets totally hammered by a girl/girl does this show how the women’s game has improved, or that the guy/girl is crap, just a thought?

I think age is a factor...

Hubbard is 43 - significantly older than the other women in the event. This idea that being trans doesn't give them an advantage, but it's telling that Hubbard is still able to compete at a high level despite the age difference.