Pigeons in Sheffield City Centre

Should the Council take mesures to reduce the pigeon population?  

61 members have voted

1. 1. Should the Council take mesures to reduce the pigeon population?

There is an old geezer near to where i work, we call him the "pigeon man" (orgininal i know :roll: ).

He walks from Fitzwilliam St, down to the moorfoot feeding them, with the dirty vermin on his shoulders n everything.....he gets covered in bird shat.....ergh....bloody awful :gag:

Get them in one building and ring their necks!

I've seen this guy around Fitzwilliam Street. Weirdo's always in his dirty anorak with 4 or 5 pigeons on his arm walking along as if oblivious to them.

The pigeons probably think the same about people. ‘You can’t move for them. They seem to be everywhere.’ They move fast enough to avoid cars, so your partner isn’t likely to be attacked by them so tell her to get over it and live and let live. In any event, if they seem to be everywhere they managed to give your partner a wide berth on Charter Row because apparently they were not QUITE everywhere.

I too suffer with a serious phobia of pigeons and for you to say 'get over it' it absolutely ridiculous and completely ignorant.

To have a phobia of something which is in your every day life, and you can't go anywhere without encountering it is a really scary thing.

you should think yourself lucky that you can go shopping/walk down a street without being terriified.

I too suffer with a serious phobia of pigeons and for you to say 'get over it' it absolutely ridiculous and completely ignorant.

To have a phobia of something which is in your every day life, and you can't go anywhere without encountering it is a really scary thing.

you should think yourself lucky that you can go shopping/walk down a street without being terriified.

Far from it, I think what people are saying is if you have phobia and it is ruining your life then get it sorted.

Cognitive Behavioural Therapy is a proven method to get over irrational fears. You don't want to be like this for ever do you?

I wouldn't poison you. Or Jossyboy. Everyone else can rot though.

thats possibly the nicest thing anybody's ever said about me, is that sad, i don't know. I wouldn't poison you either my fine gentleman