Pigeons in Sheffield City Centre

Should the Council take mesures to reduce the pigeon population?  

61 members have voted

1. 1. Should the Council take mesures to reduce the pigeon population?

We seem to have a plague of pigeons in the City Centre at the moment. You can't move for them, they seem to be everywhere.

My partner is phobic about them at the best of times but she complained she couldn't get down the Moor tonight for them, she had to divert onto Charter Row to avoid them. A Japanese student was feeding them until she got too scared and fled.

What's to be done?:confused::rolleyes:

We seem to have a plague of pigeons in the City Centre at the moment. You can't move for them, they seem to be everywhere.

My partner is phobic about them at the best of times but she complained she couldn't get down the Moor tonight for them, she had to divert onto Charter Row to avoid them. A Japanese student was feeding them until she got too scared and fled.

What's to be done?:confused::rolleyes:

The pigeons probably think the same about people. ‘You can’t move for them. They seem to be everywhere.’ They move fast enough to avoid cars, so your partner isn’t likely to be attacked by them so tell her to get over it and live and let live. In any event, if they seem to be everywhere they managed to give your partner a wide berth on Charter Row because apparently they were not QUITE everywhere.

They should put some poison down somewhere...but then you gotta put up with the corpses everywhere... interesting one tho...

I reckon they should put a shooting range up in the middle of town a pound or 2 for 10 minutes, i'd give it a go!!

How do they keep them down in Trafalgar Square?

[mbatey]

They should put some poison down somewhere...but then you gotta put up with the corpses everywhere... interesting one tho...

I reckon they should put a shooting range up in the middle of town a pound or 2 for 10 minutes, i'd give it a go!!

dont think they should be killed off cause that aint very nice although they do my head in too, would be god if there were something to encourage them elsewhere of summet.

Rats with wings. Vermin.

And its all the fault of these muppets that feed them with their bags of cheap peanuts stuffed into the pockets of their dirty raincoats.

You should see em here......and the sea-gulls.:hihi:

Let them be! They have as much right to be on this earth as we have. Yes they can be rather annoying but they always get out the way when you're walking and ive never seen one fly into someone.

It really cant help matters when i see little old ladies dropping bread for them ,

i would advocating shooting them again like they did in pond street a few years ago.

It really cant help matters when i see little old ladies dropping bread for them ,

Here, it's mainly ignorantly disposed of takeaways that they seem to feast on.

Just introduce a few hawks, that would do the trick.