Fireworks At Midnight

1 hour ago, Anna B said:

Obviously it was special to someone. Was it really such an inconvenience to people? Can we never have a 'live and let live' attitude to anything?

We are getting to the point where you need written permission, pay a fee, plus a month of form filling etc to do even the simplest thing. 

We've had a load tonight, aprapo of sod all. You fancy peeling the dog off the ceiling?

And I can bet diamonds if I do something that will **** you off - a bonfire when you've just put a load of washing out, sitting in the garden with my music on - which you don't like - all afternoon, or said dog barking at 5am , your live and let live attitude flys right out the window.

3 hours ago, Anna B said:

Obviously it was special to someone. Was it really such an inconvenience to people? Can we never have a 'live and let live' attitude to anything?

We are getting to the point where you need written permission, pay a fee, plus a month of form filling etc to do even the simplest thing. 

Seriously? Really?  You really think this is OK after midnight - virtually very single night?

Sleep is special to everyone (and the health benefits are well-acknowledged by professionals in that field).

Fireworks after midnight are only "special" to inconsiderate law-breaking imbecilic anti-social oxygen-wasting morons.

With the greatest of respect please give your head a wobble.

I genuinely despair at the apologists for these criminals

4 hours ago, tinfoilhat said:

We've had a load tonight, aprapo of sod all. You fancy peeling the dog off the ceiling?

And I can bet diamonds if I do something that will **** you off - a bonfire when you've just put a load of washing out, sitting in the garden with my music on - which you don't like - all afternoon, or said dog barking at 5am , your live and let live attitude flys right out the window.

As a dog owner, every sympathy with you when we get the random setting off of fireworks.  Occasionally, outside of of Bonfire Night, which now appears to run from mid September until the end of November.

In Nether Edge we'll get the occasional, single 'bomb' blast going off around 2am - 3am, so it's not children setting them off.  Here's what the actual law states from tbe gov.uk website; 

"The law says you must not set off or throw fireworks (including sparklers) in the street or other public places.

You must not set off fireworks between 11pm and 7am, except for:

Bonfire Night, when the cut off is midnight. 

New Year’s Eve, Diwali and Chinese New Year, when the cut off is 1am. 

You can only buy fireworks (including sparklers) from registered sellers for private use on these dates:

15 October to 10 November

26 to 31 December

3 days before Diwali and Chinese New Year.*

Edited by Baron99