Fireworks At Midnight

Which anti-social moron is letting off fireworks (Pitsmoor/Burngreave area?)  just now - it's midnight!

Started again  at 23 past midnight.  As I understand it 's illegal to set these off between 11pm and 7am.   If it was Chinese New Year or Eid (etc etc.) I could sort of understand it but what's so special about tonight?

Usually means the drugs are in.

The antisocial numpties are at it again tonight.   If it's not a sign that "the drugs are in" could someone more clued up than me please enlighten us why it's considered acceptable for people to break the law on such a regular basis.

3 hours ago, Martin C said:

The antisocial numpties are at it again tonight.   If it's not a sign that "the drugs are in" could someone more clued up than me please enlighten us why it's considered acceptable for people to break the law on such a regular basis.

I think there has been a wedding as I saw a convey of about 20 cars beeping horns and been Pratt’s near Sheffield arena at around 11-45pm last night…

This has been going on for at least the last week. The persons responsible have to accept that U.K. law applies to them as well as everybody else. If they don't like it, well "off you fornicate" - and fornicating good riddance. Scumbags. 

This is an article from yesterday…

https://www.examinerlive.co.uk/news/local-news/late-night-firework-chaos-sheffield-21469333

Cars blocking roads, setting off fireworks, general anti-social behaviour.

Police attended and offered ‘words of advice’ tho, so that’s ok 🙄.

Edited by nikki-red

Indeed. Maybe the police could also offer useful "words of advice" to help those of us unable to sleep due to the activities (and total disregard of the law by) of these anti-social numpties.

if i hold a festival or a firework display,we have to have a licsence and pay for a recommended health&safety officer costing £1,000,its so unfair that some can do things without any of those mentioned,never mind insurance ,we and others do things to the rule book,others seem to think its not applicable to them,never mind the safety aspect.

On 22/06/2021 at 00:25, Martin C said:

Started again  at 23 past midnight.  As I understand it 's illegal to set these off between 11pm and 7am.   If it was Chinese New Year or Eid (etc etc.) I could sort of understand it but what's so special about tonight?

Obviously it was special to someone. Was it really such an inconvenience to people? Can we never have a 'live and let live' attitude to anything?

We are getting to the point where you need written permission, pay a fee, plus a month of form filling etc to do even the simplest thing. 

Edited by Anna B

1 hour ago, Anna B said:

Obviously it was special to someone. Was it really such an inconvenience to people? Can we never have a 'live and let live' attitude to anything?

We are getting to the point where you need written permission, pay a fee, plus a month of form filling etc to do even the simplest thing. 

We've had a load tonight, aprapo of sod all. You fancy peeling the dog off the ceiling?

And I can bet diamonds if I do something that will **** you off - a bonfire when you've just put a load of washing out, sitting in the garden with my music on - which you don't like - all afternoon, or said dog barking at 5am , your live and let live attitude flys right out the window.