Is The Hillsborough Area Racist?

On 21/06/2021 at 20:39, africanperson said:

Hello all,   

I am an African. I need to move to Sheffield to be near work. But I have heard Sheffield is segragated. Hillsborough would be ideal , I have heard it is a 98% white or something which I do not have an issue with, it is England after all. But just want to know if there is a racist attitude in the area. I just want to get on  with my life without being harrassed. Thanks

What you really need is somebody who can answer the question: 'what is it like to be black in Sheffield?' . Unfortunately from the replies you are getting it does not feel as if the right person has answered yet. I am a not black so I can not answer this question.

One thing I can say is that you may find it more comfortable to live in an area of Sheffield which is ethnically diverse because in an area where everybody is part of a minority ... err there's no majority to be/ seem intimidating. One such area is the London Road close to the city centre.

Good luck with your move to Sheffield.

Edited by Carbuncle

5 hours ago, Bargepole23 said:

You haven't answered any question about racism, you have suggested that there are good opportunities for BAME people. They are not the same.

The definition of racism is that one has a superiority over others of a different race, in the UK you have the same opportunities no matter what your colour or creed.

9 hours ago, top4718 said:

The definition of racism is that one has a superiority over others of a different race, in the UK you have the same opportunities no matter what your colour or creed.

Doubtful.

5 minutes ago, Bargepole23 said:

Doubtful.

Not doubtful in any way, you have BAME people at the top in business, sport, politics, showbiz and Indian and Chinese workers are some of the best paid in the country.

5 hours ago, top4718 said:

Not doubtful in any way, you have BAME people at the top in business, sport, politics, showbiz and Indian and Chinese workers are some of the best paid in the country.

And in what way is that related to being subjected to racism, or is your argument that because some BAME people have climbed to the top of their field then they cannot have been subjected to racism, or they should just ignore it, or see it as a fair price to pay?

Oh no!!! My dastardly plan to hoodwink you all has been thwarted by 'Mr Bloke' 

Actually I'm just African called Sam looking for safe place in Hillsborough. I've heard good and bad things about the area around the Sutton estate so I asked. Then I wanted to know if my color would be an issue. I didn't know being new to a forum and forgetting your password then just starting a new account was a report worthy offence.  'Mr Bloke' You need to stop being a Karen, because of you I can no longer be africanperson😜😭. Anywho I got the answers I came for and it's getting a bit too deep now people are discussing structural racism when I just wanted to know if any knuckle draggers would attack me  for daring to have too much melanin

7 minutes ago, Sammyjones said:

Oh no!!! My dastardly plan to hoodwink you all has been thwarted by 'Mr Bloke' 

Actually I'm just African called Sam looking for safe place in Hillsborough. I've heard good and bad things about the area around the Sutton estate so I asked. Then I wanted to know if my color would be an issue. I didn't know being new to a forum and forgetting your password then just starting a new account was a report worthy offence.  'Mr Bloke' You need to stop being a Karen, because of you I can no longer be africanperson😜😭. Anywho I got the answers I came for and it's getting a bit too deep now people are discussing structural racism when I just wanted to know if any knuckle draggers would attack me  for daring to have too much melanin

Bing Bong!

Your fate... Beep!... is now... Beep!... in the hands... Beep!... of the SF robots... Beep!

Have a nice day!... Beeeeeeep! :hihi:

3 hours ago, Bargepole23 said:

And in what way is that related to being subjected to racism, or is your argument that because some BAME people have climbed to the top of their field then they cannot have been subjected to racism, or they should just ignore it, or see it as a fair price to pay?

No matter how you try you won’t stop people who racially abuse, or abuse women or any other abuse, what you do get in the UK is a very tolerant society that you won’t get in most other places. None of us will go through our lives without any abuse of some sort.

How totally  ludicrous that an African person has been banned from having "africanperson" as a username on this forum. It's as daft as banning someone born and brought up in Sheffield from calling themselves "yorkshireperson" or  banning someone from  Bakewell from calling themselves "derbyshireperson".  Madness!