Massive Sheffield Housing Crisis On Its Way?

4 minutes ago, Anna B said:

Whereas a quick poll on Sheffield Forum costs nothing.

I'd like to see the council use something similar on it's website to guage people's opinions on important issues. Not binding, but a public consultation. In this day and age of every council should have an simple and accessible open forum of some sort .

Yes because those cant be manipulated whatsoever. In any case the Electoral Commission wouldnt allow it.

Edited by HeHasRisen

On 15/09/2021 at 11:16, Anna B said:

Whereas a quick poll on Sheffield Forum costs nothing.

I'd like to see the council use something similar on it's website to guage people's opinions on important issues. Not binding, but a public consultation. In this day and age of every council should have an simple and accessible open forum of some sort .

The council have set up Local Area Committees. Anyone who is seriously interested about the area of the city where they live might just want to go along? 
https://www.sheffield.gov.uk/home/your-city-council/local-area-committees

1 hour ago, Ms Macbeth said:

The council have set up Local Area Committees. Anyone who is seriously interested about the area of the city where they live might just want to go along? 
https://www.sheffield.gov.uk/home/your-city-council/local-area-committees

Interesting, thankyou for that, I'll look into it.

On 12/09/2021 at 23:24, sibon said:

Ok. That’s sorted then.

I pay for some of the council’s business and I choose that we don’t waste my taxes having hundreds of pointless referenda. We elect councillors to make decisions, let them get on with it.

What about the corrupt councillor from darnal still in recipe of a £816 bonus a month for special duties even thought he has been placed in gardner's leave and stepped aside and the cheek of labour council now asking for people to take voluntary redundancy to save money I'm sure they should all apply for jobs as clowns because they are running Sheffield Council like a circus 

Edited by Conshefsky

Guest sibon
28 minutes ago, Conshefsky said:

What about the corrupt councillor from darnal still in recipe of a £816 bonus a month for special duties even thought he has been placed in gardner's leave and stepped aside and the cheek of labour council now asking for people to take voluntary redundancy to save money I'm sure they should all apply for jobs as clowns because they are running Sheffield Council like a circus 

What about it?

Aye because its just Labour controlled councils have have a budget deficit.

4 hours ago, sibon said:

What about it?

You're alright with a councillor receiving £800+ bonus a month then when he's mot even at work? 

I don't know about you, but I'd rather my council tax was used for something useful to benefit the people of Sheffield.

Edited by Anna B

Guest sibon
1 hour ago, Anna B said:

You're alright with a councillor receiving £800+ bonus a month then when he's mot even at work? 

I don't know about you, but I'd rather my council tax was used for something useful to benefit the people of Sheffield.

I don’t know if he is. And I don’t know the circumstances if he is.

I do know whataboutism when I see it. And I’ve seen it on this thread.

If/when the character who calls himself “Conshevsky” gives us some details, I’ll be happy to pass an opinion. Until then, he’s just another passing troll .

Guest makapaka
5 minutes ago, sibon said:

I don’t know if he is. And I don’t know the circumstances if he is.

I do know whataboutism when I see it. And I’ve seen it on this thread.

If/when the character who calls himself “Conshevsky” gives us some details, I’ll be happy to pass an opinion. Until then, he’s just another passing troll .

@Conshefsky is so balanced in their views - how could you question them?

Guest sibon
Just now, makapaka said:

@Conshefsky is so balanced in their views - how could you question them?

Soz. 

I don’t know what came over me.😇

2 hours ago, Anna B said:

You're alright with a councellor receiving £800+ bonus a month then when he's mot even at work? 

Well said Anna.  Not that Europhile Sibon would agree but each to their own.

I dont believe for a second they are paid "bonuses", its the public sector ffs. 

Prove it or sod off, Con-whatever your name is.