Massive Sheffield Housing Crisis On Its Way?

3 minutes ago, Mr Bloke said:

Hmmm... :huh:

The Star, SCC and Google...

... we only need Wikipedia for the complete set! :hihi:

To claim asylum, somebody must know you're here. If you want help as an asylum seeker, surely the council would help.

If you can point to another figure, I'd love to hear it. Or another source.

Edited by tinfoilhat

1 hour ago, Annie Bynnol said:

Have you traced your roots?

Still blaming the immigrants from Derbyshire, Lincolnshire, Nottingham, Wales, Scotland, Ireland,  Africa, Asia, Caribbean, Rotherham and many, many more for price increases?  

i dont need to trace roots, i am not the one sponging off another country and causing massive price increases, have you seen some of the rents councils are paying to house these immigrants/aslylum seekers, its a landlords jackpot especially London, i know of 3 landlords having a great wedge every month from SCC via tenants. 

I suspect there must be at least 90 "recent arrivals" housed at taxpayer's expense in the Holiday Inn Express Blonk Street alone.  Presumably they'll be "assisted" in to some form of housing in due course. 

8 minutes ago, Martin C said:

I suspect there must be at least 90 "recent arrivals" housed at taxpayer's expense in the Holiday Inn Express Blonk Street alone.  Presumably they'll be "assisted" in to some form of housing in due course. 

I suspect there aren't & neither of us actually know 

2 hours ago, ab6262 said:

i dont need to trace roots, i am not the one sponging off another country and causing massive price increases, have you seen some of the rents councils are paying to house these immigrants/aslylum seekers, its a landlords jackpot especially London, i know of 3 landlords having a great wedge every month from SCC via tenants. 

2 hours ago, Martin C said:

I see that the irrational "tradition" of blaming immigrants for everything that is wrong still exists.

This thread is not about London.

This thread is not about a Holiday Inn.

The "customers" of that fine hotel certainly leave enough litter from  their taxpayer funded takeaways on the riverside path opposite for at least 90 (Ignorant) people. My poor litter picker must be suffering from repetitive strain  injury picking up after them every day or so.  And yes, I HAVE seen them do it. Then there's all the debris in the river that my litter picker can't reach. 

And yes, I HAVE seen the "do not litter here, you are being watched" signs strapped to the railings by the Council/Amey in response to what's obviously a known issue) strewn on the floor (admittedly not caught anyone in the act doing this).    

18 hours ago, Mr Bloke said:

Hmmm... :huh:

The Star, SCC and Google...

... we only need Wikipedia for the complete set! :hihi:

Lies, damn lies, and statistics...  It's a pity we can't trust any of the data. 

Where else can we get reliable data from? Even the government sources are suspect and/or biased, but we are expected to believe whatever they chose to tell us.

Anecdotal evidence often contradicts 'the facts'. 

17 hours ago, Annie Bynnol said:

I see that the irrational "tradition" of blaming immigrants for everything that is wrong still exists.

This thread is not about London.

This thread is not about a Holiday Inn.

Do you not have your eyes open when passing through the main immigrant areas of Sheffield??? maybe your rose tinted specs are too dark, take a look properly.

7 hours ago, ab6262 said:

Do you not have your eyes open when passing through the main immigrant areas of Sheffield??? maybe your rose tinted specs are too dark, take a look properly.

This thread is about the housing crisis that is facing the whole country, which has been going on for decades and the how Covid and Stamp Duty have added greatly to the pressure recently.

To introduce and blame immigrants and asylum seekers for todays house price increases is very odd, very, very dated and very reminiscent of the 1970s.

13 hours ago, Annie Bynnol said:

This thread is about the housing crisis that is facing the whole country, which has been going on for decades and the how Covid and Stamp Duty have added greatly to the pressure recently.

To introduce and blame immigrants and asylum seekers for todays house price increases is very odd, very, very dated and very reminiscent of the 1970s.

clearly you dont understand economics very well, yes you are right and i agree with you its not new its been going on for decades, but in the last 15-20 years this country has pretty much had an open door policy helping all the waifs and strays, now without pointing fingers this cannot be sustained, the infrastructure never mind housing cant cope, schools, hospitals, welfare etc etc, some of the pressure in the main in recent years has come from legal & illegal immigrants, asylum seekers from all corners of the globe when it was far too easy to come here and settle, thanks EU, now we have a housing shortage because all these people have an obligation to be housed?? this puts pressure on the lower to middle market and creates a shortage, this pushes prices up and up.

what has covid got to do with house prices apart from people cant go away so they are improving their homes (which is why there is a massive material shortgage in the building industry)?? stamp duty relief eases the pressure as people can afford to move up the ladder a bit higher??

Edited by ab6262

You have botched your editing. Please edit.

Adding the following to my post #45 in a quote could be construed as my opinion:

"clearly you dont understand economics very well, yes you are right and i agree with you its not new its been going on for decades, but in the last 15-20 years this country has pretty much had an open door policy helping all the waifs and strays, now without pointing fingers this cannot be sustained, the infrastructure never mind housing cant cope, schools, hospitals, welfare etc etc, some of the pressure in the main in recent years has come from legal & illegal immigrants, asylum seekers from all corners of the globe when it was far too easy to come here and settle, thanks EU, now we have a housing shortage because all these people have an obligation to be housed?? this puts pressure on the lower to middle market and creates a shortage, this pushes prices up and up.

what has covid got to do with house prices apart from people cant go away so they are improving their homes (which is why there is a massive material shortgage in the building industry)?? stamp duty relief eases the pressure as people can afford to move up the ladder a bit higher??"

To make it very clear:

I do not blame immigrants.

I do not blame asylum seekers.

I do not blame the EU.

I do not want to be associated this baggage of views.

And none of these has had a meaningful impact on the sudden hike in house prices over the last year.

41 minutes ago, Annie Bynnol said:

You have botched your editing. Please edit.

Adding the following to my post #45 in a quote could be construed as my opinion:

"clearly you dont understand economics very well, yes you are right and i agree with you its not new its been going on for decades, but in the last 15-20 years this country has pretty much had an open door policy helping all the waifs and strays, now without pointing fingers this cannot be sustained, the infrastructure never mind housing cant cope, schools, hospitals, welfare etc etc, some of the pressure in the main in recent years has come from legal & illegal immigrants, asylum seekers from all corners of the globe when it was far too easy to come here and settle, thanks EU, now we have a housing shortage because all these people have an obligation to be housed?? this puts pressure on the lower to middle market and creates a shortage, this pushes prices up and up.

what has covid got to do with house prices apart from people cant go away so they are improving their homes (which is why there is a massive material shortage in the building industry)?? stamp duty relief eases the pressure as people can afford to move up the ladder a bit higher??"

To make it very clear:

I do not blame immigrants.

I do not blame asylum seekers.

I do not blame the EU.

I do not want to be associated this baggage of views.

And none of these has had a meaningful impact on the sudden hike in house prices over the last year.

oh now its the past year ??? no its not its a steady rise its just a shortage of first time buyer houses caused mainly by the rental market, caused by all the above legal and illegal.

you really have no clue or common sense!

apologies re edit it was not my intention.

Edited by ab6262