Jump to content


Songs With Place Names In It

Recommended Posts

'My National Pride' - Dexy's Midnight Runners

 

"I've often thought about,
The men where I came from,
And times ago...
Their sons, these days, are found,
In US and Britannia care...."

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Angels in Chelsea……Rachel Platten

Edited by Gran54

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

House in L.A ……..The Jungle

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

'The Pushbike Song' - The Mixtures.

 

"Ridin' along on my pushbike, honey,
When I noticed you.
Ridin' downtown in a hurry, honey.
Down South Avenue...."

 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
43 minutes ago, wearysmith said:

'The Pushbike Song' - The Mixtures.

 

"Ridin' along on my pushbike, honey,
When I noticed you.
Ridin' downtown in a hurry, honey.
Down South Avenue...."

 

 

 

Up turned racing bars! What was all that about? :confused::loopy::gag::suspect:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Rockers rule said:

Up turned racing bars! What was all that about? :confused::loopy::gag::suspect:

Well, they were Australian.

 

Did I ever tell you about when my mate went to Australia to work once?  He's in the music biz.  He got off the plane knackered in Oz, cleared Customs, collected his luggage and went to the taxi rank. Got in a cab and the driver started giving him some old chat, the whole 'Welcome to Australia' bit.  He asked my mate what he was doing over there, so he told him. Cabbie said "Oh yeah, I used to be in a band once. I was the bass player in The Mixtures.......".  My buddy's like "WHAT??????". He was ecstatic. It made his trip. Got the bloke's autograph and everything. He & I both bought 'The Pushbike Song' from Sine Electrical in Broomhill. One of our favourite songs.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

'The Whole Of The Moon' - The Waterboys.

 

"I saw the rain dirty valley.
You saw Brigadoon.
I saw the crescent.
You saw the whole of the moon....."

 

 

 

The catchiest song you'll hear all week. It still sounds wonderful

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, wearysmith said:

Well, they were Australian.

 

Did I ever tell you about when my mate went to Australia to work once?  He's in the music biz.  He got off the plane knackered in Oz, cleared Customs, collected his luggage and went to the taxi rank. Got in a cab and the driver started giving him some old chat, the whole 'Welcome to Australia' bit.  He asked my mate what he was doing over there, so he told him. Cabbie said "Oh yeah, I used to be in a band once. I was the bass player in The Mixtures.......".  My buddy's like "WHAT??????". He was ecstatic. It made his trip. Got the bloke's autograph and everything. He & I both bought 'The Pushbike Song' from Sine Electrical in Broomhill. One of our favourite songs.  

Nice piece of reminiscing / Coincidence  that makes life worthwhile. 

I was once 3 stories up a block of flats. off the top of my triple ladders standing on this veranda and hears the dulcet tones of an Australian accent from down below stood asking me if I'd clean his windows - Steady Eddie Charlton.

I've an excellent 'spooky' tale that few would believe regarding a Lambretta and my old Boss.

 

Back on subject.

 

Bumper load of Place names in one song .

 

Can't believe we've overlooked -

 

Billy Joel's

 

I didn't start the fire.

 

China,

South Pacific,

North Korea,

South Korea,

Panmunjom,

England,

Brooklyn,

Disneyland,

Peton Place,

Suez.

Budapest,

Alabama,

Little Rock,

River Kwia,

Lebanon,

California,

Starkweather,

Edsel,

Belgian,

Congo.

 

 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.

X