Posted (edited)

What pp

is the quality like of the houses around dykes lane , especially ones owned by housing associations. I know they are former council houses, and many are owned by Sutton/ clarion. Are they good quality?

Edited by Sammyjones
Didn't finish

had a friend who lived round there. his house seemed to be fairly good.

It's quite a nice area. The two main areas of social housing near Dykes Lane are the Sutton Estate (now Clarion) and the  Wisewood Estate. Both have  1920's-1930's red-brick semi detached houses with decent sized gardens and quite a few of these ex-social housing properties are now owner-occupied. House  prices are quite good too.  Both estates are reasonably quiet and reasonably well kept and there's not usually much serious trouble in the area. There's also a good mix of private housing round there - terraced housing and semis.

If you like walking in green spaces, it's quite close to Wadsley/Loxley Commons & Loxley Valley. There are some decent primary schools in the area. 

It's not a posh area and not perfect - but it's not rough either. I grew up in this area and it's where I would ideally like to come back to, if or when I ever return to Sheffield.

Thank you so much for replies