Mask Required?

12 minutes ago, top4718 said:

Your clutching at straws mi old, give up and just be a sport and admit all the abuse I received was unjust, you'll feel much better about yourself.

So how do we prevent pre-symptomatic transmission? (which must never be called asymptomatic again - even though on SF it's always meant people with the virus who don't display symptoms).

Edited by Longcol

Guest sibon
12 minutes ago, top4718 said:

No because its not the same thing at all.

Why do you not believe that asymptomism is real?

Do you have anything to back up your claim?

Not a YouTube though. Something proper

1 minute ago, Longcol said:

So how do we prevent pre-symptomatic transmission? (which must never be called asymptomatic again).

It should be, because asymptomism is very much a real thing.

Just now, Longcol said:

So how do we prevent pre-symptomatic transmission? (which must never be called asymptomatic again).

Asymptomatic people develop no symptoms at all, pre-symptomatic develop symptoms after 4 days (or so) the track and trace app (which doesn't really work due to misuse) was put in place to combat this, interestingly there was never a feature on the £38billion app for asymptomatic cases (because they are so rare).

Guest sibon
3 minutes ago, top4718 said:

So why have cases in the US with no masks for months stayed stable whilst strictly masked SK have risen.

Are you saying the masks don't work against the Delta variant but at the same time decrying people for not wearing them?

This thread has taken an interesting turn 😀

Why do you lie?

https://www.google.co.uk/amp/s/amp.theguardian.com/world/2021/jul/19/us-coronavirus-cases-pandemic-vaccines-biden

2 minutes ago, top4718 said:

So why have cases in the US with no masks for months stayed stable whilst strictly masked SK have risen.

Are you saying the masks don't work against the Delta variant but at the same time decrying people for not wearing them?

This thread has taken an interesting turn 😀

There are many differences between SK and the US. The US has a lot of naturally acquired immunity and a lot of vaccine acquired immunity which SK thus far lack. And by the way the US has more cases per capita than SK and the daily case rates are rising there too.

2 minutes ago, sibon said:

Why do you not believe that asymptomism is real?

Do you have anything to back up your claim?

Not a YouTube though. Something proper

It should be, because asymptomism is very much a real thing.

It is real its just 0.3%  responsible for the drive of transmission, not even worth mentioning, your Guardian led you up the garden path on this one, your totally wrong.

1 minute ago, Carbuncle said:

There are many differences between SK and the US. The US has a lot of naturally acquired immunity and a lot of vaccine acquired immunity which SK thus far lack. And by the way the US has more cases per capita than SK and the daily case rates are rising there too.

The only way you build up natural immunity is being exposed to the virus, your vehemently against that as you advocate the use of masks etc. SK has 70% vaccine status, quite a high percentage. SK has been at the strictest level of lockdown for weeks, the US has lifted all restrictions in all but a very few states.

Guest sibon
Just now, top4718 said:

It is real its just 0.3%  responsible for the drive of transmission, not even worth mentioning, your Guardian led you up the garden path on this one, your totally wrong.

I know that asymptomism is real. It’s been known to be real for decades.

I was asking why you didn’t believe it to be so. I also asked you to back up your claims. That goes a little deeper than just claiming to be right and saying something boringly predictable about the Guardian.

So. Is asymptomism real? Does it play a part in the transmission of virii? 

I await your learned paper.

10 minutes ago, top4718 said:

Asymptomatic people develop no symptoms at all, pre-symptomatic develop symptoms after 4 days (or so) the track and trace app (which doesn't really work due to misuse) was put in place to combat this, interestingly there was never a feature on the £38billion app for asymptomatic cases (because they are so rare).

Yes - but how do we prevent or reduce  pre-symptomatic transmission?

Edited by Longcol

Just now, sibon said:

I know that asymptomism is real. It’s been known to be real for decades.

I was asking why you didn’t believe it to be so. I also asked you to back up your claims. That goes a little deeper than just claiming to be right and saying something boringly predictable about the Guardian.

So. Is asymptomism real? Does it play a part in the transmission of virii? 

I await your learned paper.

Read the CDC link I posted earlier, there a many more which will take a bit of time to find but I'll see what I can do. 

6 minutes ago, top4718 said:

SK has 70% vaccine status, quite a high percentage.

Not so.

1 minute ago, top4718 said:

Please, please don't use a garbage rag like the Guardian as evidence, your making yourself look an old, gullible fool. 

Head. Sand. Buried.