Jump to content

Mask Required?

Recommended Posts

Behind my sofa: 0 out of 1 masked. I have gone down with a bad case of arrogance ... thankfully over 99.9% survive this condition so I am not expecting it to be terminal.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, West 77 said:

I've been out and about today. I'd say over half of the people I've seen in shops and the supermarket are still wearing masks.  I wore my mask in the shops I entered. One shop I entered  which wasn't busy the two members of staff put on their masks when I walked in.  Even those who weren't wearing masks in the shops I visited were following social distance advice.  Hopefully the vast majority will use common sense in deciding when and when not to wear a mask.

Amen to that  brother .  Had same experience myself.  Come on people its easy to be careful .

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
54 minutes ago, altus said:

I thought the "terminally arrogant" were those who deny/downplay the risks of covid, don't take precautions against it and end up dying with it. ;)

🙂🙃

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Becky B said:

That might happen in adverts but I'm not sure ethically an NHS trust can use an actor.  But if it doesn't suit your view then just ignore it. I'm just sharing information. 

I assume the "terminally arrogant" was directed at me, as you used it quoting my post.  Just shows how wrong you can be when you've never met someone. 

I've had Covid myself, and had very mild symptoms and am fine now.

I have, however, seen many people die with it, and suffer long term effects.  But you don't know them, and haven't seen it yourself, so it can't be true, right? 

It happened on the ITN main news not an advert.

 

The terminally arrogant on this thread know who they are.

 

For the record I’ve seen people die of many things and have long term illnesses, I don’t think any of them wanted other people’s lives to stop though.

1 hour ago, altus said:

I thought the "terminally arrogant" were those who deny/downplay the risks of covid, don't take precautions against it and end up dying with it. ;)

No it’s mostly people over 80 with pre existing conditions that that happens to.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, top4718 said:

No it’s mostly people over 80 with pre existing conditions that that happens to.

I'm sure you're just about to explain why you think the term "terminally arrogant" applies to those over 80 with pre-existing conditions.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

@butlers : nice work! I see you have not lost your top>>>> wrangling skills.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, butlers said:

 

Conspiracy theorists' accusations of flag flags amuse me. Apart from the fact they they are always quickly debunked, the number of wrong accusations of false flags so vastly outnumbers the actual numbers of false flags that it's reasonable to automatically assume that any such accusation is wrong unless presented evidence that it isn't.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, altus said:

Conspiracy theorists' accusations of flag flags amuse me. Apart from the fact they they are always quickly debunked, the number of wrong accusations of false flags so vastly outnumbers the actual numbers of false flags that it's reasonable to automatically assume that any such accusation is wrong unless presented evidence that it isn't.

CT logic is that because Bay of Tomkin (revealed by MSM) was a false flag, every event since (revealed by some bloke under the influence of certain substances on the University of Youtube) is a false flag.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, top4718 said:

For the record I’ve seen people die of many things and have long term illnesses, I don’t think any of them wanted other people’s lives to stop though.

 

How many do you know dying of a short term illness caused by a virus that wasn't known about two years ago?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Well what a fantastic day we've had. 

Took both kids out, maskless of course and apart from the odd funny look and under the breath muttering we've had no problem at all. 

Pity it won't last as we all know we are heading for another lockdown but for now at least seeing people's faces, smiles etc had been a breath of fresh air 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, top4718 said:

It happened on the ITN main news not an advert.

 

The terminally arrogant on this thread know who they are.

 

For the record I’ve seen people die of many things and have long term illnesses, I don’t think any of them wanted other people’s lives to stop though.

No it’s mostly people over 80 with pre existing conditions that that happens to.

Ah.  So you weren't referring to the Facebook post from STH that I referenced (and someone kindly linked to in the post after mine, as I'm technologically inept sometimes).  You were referring to something else entirely, that wasn't mentioned in your post or in this thread up to that point.

 

I have also seen many people die of many things, but we're talking about an easily transmissible respiratory virus here.  'Flu season was never this bad...

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.

X