Mask Required?

Guest sibon
1 minute ago, top4718 said:

Please, please don't use a garbage rag like the Guardian as evidence, your making yourself look an old, gullible fool. 

As I said earlier, angry. Might be the heat, might be the people still in masks.

Calm down. Post me a YouTube that trumps my Guardian link

Just now, Longcol said:

Head. Sand. Buried.

I wouldn't use that paper to light a fire.

Anyway, us workers have to be at the coalface tomorrow (without masks) I'll leave you to lick your wounds after you've been proved wrong and regroup for another bout tomorrow.

No Guardian articles please, the Beano would be more reliable.

Adios, be careful out there.

Guest sibon
7 minutes ago, top4718 said:

Read the CDC link I posted earlier, there a many more which will take a bit of time to find but I'll see what I can do. 

The one with a sample size of 59?

I’m sure that’s reliable

4 minutes ago, top4718 said:

No Guardian articles please, the Beano would be more reliable.

This is probably where you are going wrong. 

4 minutes ago, sibon said:

This is probably where you are going wrong. 

Thing is Longcol made the tactical error of allowing top>>>> to redefine asymptomatic to not include presymptomatic ... which I think you possibly missed.

Guest sibon
9 minutes ago, Carbuncle said:

Thing is Longcol made the tactical error of allowing top>>>> to redefine asymptomatic to not include presymptomatic ... which I think you possibly missed.

I saw that. 

I’m interested to know the source for Dr Tops claim that viruses don’t spread by asymptomatic means. I’m sure he has one. 

I’ve got a few text books that say otherwise. But hey, he might have found a virological breakthrough that I don’t know about.

I’m waiting though.

5 minutes ago, sibon said:

I’m interested to know the source for Dr Tops claim that viruses don’t spread by asymptomatic means.

The CDC paper he referenced says they did not see any asymptomatic spread (which was not presymptomatic).

Guest sibon
14 minutes ago, Carbuncle said:

The CDC paper he referenced says they did not see any asymptomatic spread (which was not presymptomatic).

It was from a cluster of 59 cases. If I read it correctly. He’s not read it at all, as he freely admits. So it’s just a chunk of confirmation bias.

The Lancet and The BMJ believe that asymptomatic transmission is responsible for roughly 20% of cases.

Viruses have transmitted asymptomatically for as long as we’ve known about viruses.

Edited by sibon

2 minutes ago, sibon said:

It was from a cluster of 59 cases. If I read it correctly.

The Lancet and The BMJ believe that asymptomatic transmission is responsible for roughly 20% of cases.

Viruses have transmitted asymptomatically for as long as we’ve known about viruses.

All very reasonable points.

Except I want to insist that asymptomatic transmission includes presymptomatic in common usage. In technical discussions they can define it how they want.

Edited by Carbuncle

10 hours ago, The_DADDY said:

Government propaganda spewed out by mainstream media. So damn predictable and absolutely disgusting scaring people like this... 

You should pay attention to Dr Yeadon instead of the MSM fear mongering parasites. 

Of course it is.  The fact that it describes what I'm seeing day to day on a lesser scale has nothing to do with it. 

10 hours ago, The_DADDY said:

Government propaganda spewed out by mainstream media. So damn predictable and absolutely disgusting scaring people like this... 

You should pay attention to Dr Yeadon instead of the MSM fear mongering parasites. 

Of course it is.  The fact that it describes what I'm seeing day to day on a lesser scale has nothing to do with it. 

9 hours ago, Padders said:

75 pages of Discussing Masks, and I'm still no wiser...

Can someone please clarify, do I wear a mask, or not.

This made me laugh @Padders

I've removed some of the choice comments last night, can we keep it civil on this discussing masks thread please! 

cant wait for the big public enquiry that is surely coming in the next few years when i predict the wearing of masks will be shown to be inappropriate and totally unnecessary do nothing to protect the wearer or anyone around them. except for in hospitals and close face to face procedures.

the vast majority are probably using the same mask they have had for the past year ewwww! not many would go to the expense of the N95 masks which actually do filter out some virus and even those should be changed every 4 hours.